“Fantastic place to stay, always make you feel welcome”

Dinorben Arms Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amlwch
Dinorben Arms Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Amlwch B&B and Inns
liverpool
“Fantastic place to stay, always make you feel welcome”
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Excellent stay we stayed in August, we stayed for a wedding which the staff and managers worked hard, the food was excellent ( melt in you mouth chicken ), we stayed for 2 night which was excellent value for money, would recommend to family and friends as you just felt like you where at home, overall experience cannot fault in any way

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank littlechick21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

On August Bank Holiday weekend this year, the busiest weekend of the year in Amlwch i booked my Wedding reception at the Dinorben. Along with booking the Hotel rooms for my guests. The day was the best day of my life, it was made by the fantastic service of all the staff and of Course Gary and Veronica. I had 100 guests during the day who all comented on the service and also the exceptional top quality food. I would highly recomend anyone with any function to book the Dinorben, every single little detail was perfect. It was topped of when i saw the Bridal Suite which was absolutley stunning and flowers left on my Pillow. All the guests enjoyed the comfortable, Clean rooms with an excellent Breakfast in the Morning. if you are looking to stay in Amlwch this is definatley the place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nicola P
Saltash
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I stayed for 3 days. The staff were excellent, polite and friendly. Garry and Veronica (Landlord and Lady) really made you feel at home and nothing was too much trouble for them. From other guests that were staying, to the local people who drank or dined there, everyone was so friendly and relaxed. It was a pleasure to be there.
To sum up. Good food, good booze and good company. Really good value for my money. It did it for me and would definitely stay there again.
Fred L. Saltash, Cornwall

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Fred_LSaltash
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stay at the Dinorben every time we go to Amlwch to play darts, four times now, and the atmosphere and welcome is always very friendly. Veronica and Gary make your stay a pleasurable experience with their smiles and comments. The full breakfast is great, and the choice of menu from the bar is very good and reasonable. Not posh, but exactly what you want clean, comfortable and reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nick B
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Sharon and myself recently stayed at the Dinorben arms and really enjoyed are stay with excellent service and friendly welcome,its the first time i have visited wales Veronica and her husband are really welcoming and made me feel like we was at home.If you are looking for somewhere to stay look no further than here.To sum things up i had a great weekend and will always go back here in the future. see you soon

Room Tip: all rooms were nice
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank gary l
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We had dinner at the Dinorben Hotel and I can heartily reccomend this as a good value location for families. The portions were generous and all the family were happy with their meals. There was a mix up which meant there was a delay with service but the food was freshly cooked when it arrived with very friendly service. If we get back to Amlwch we will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank R B
Indian Ocean
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed here recently and first of all let me start off by saying that Veronica and her husband are the nicest and most friendly couple you could ever wish to meet. Breakfast was excellent and plentiful, served with a smile and at a time convenient for us.Nothing was too much trouble.
We were lucky to be offered a quiet room and we didn't hear the music from the bar downstairs and for that we are grateful !
The only downside to the stay was the cleanliness of the room. The carpet looked relatively new but looked as though it had never seen a hoover...I pulled out the bedside cabinet to use the plug behind and it was utterly disgusting....dead skin and toenail clippings, hair and layers of dust !! It really did make me feel sick. Cobwebs were in all corners of the room. Under the bed was also a disgrace.
The bathroom was ancient and also looked like it needed a hoover...actually it's a shame as it's nothing a good going over with the new 'Dyson' wouldn't solve...although I'm not a fan of carpet in an en-suite ( if you could call it that). The toilet was clean and the towels replaced everyday.
The shower was very old and had moldy black tiles....could be updated.
Plenty of tea and coffee making facilites in the room. The TV only worked occasionally with the picture constantly showing a 'no signal' sign....but then maybe that's Wales for you !!
The bed was quiet comfortable... bedding also ancient but seemed clean ( I felt a bit itchy all night)
So I don't really know what to say...obviously I am being a coward by writing this on trip advisor instead of confronting the owners with my complaints but maybe if they read this they might give all the rooms a huge spring clean.....I wouldn't stay here again unless I had a cleaner room but then the owners were really lovely so who knows ?

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank aroundUS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amlwch
Trecastell Hotel
The Woburn Hill Hotel
#1 of 3 in Cemaes Bay
Tre-Ysgawen Hall, Country House Hotel and Spa
Bishopsgate House Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Dinorben Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!