“ITS ALL ABOUT THE FOOD”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 September 2013

as a chef i can tell you that this standard of cuisine you will not get better anywhere we had the best best pizza ever ! the base was perfection chef gave us some chocolate and amaretto cheese cake to take home as a chocoholic i was suppose to share it oopps sorry to die for
it was great seeing two on the ball chefs giving it a go i know what hard work it takes to cook everything was from scratch it was fantastic to see the pride in there faces
the menu is exciting and cooked from the heart very impressed
will be going back with some of my Italian friends well worth the trip

harry and sasha

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Having just eaten at Little Italy just have to endorse the other reviews. The food really was very good. The menu was interesting and imaginative and great value for money and service was equally good.
Really glad we had read the other reviews and were bold enough to go inspite of it's position. Inside there is a friendly relaxed atmosphere. We will certainly head back there if we are in the area again. Particularly recommend the King prawns and salmon risotto.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Fitted us in, table of four, last minute on a very busy night. Food was excellent as always, I tried the meatball soup for a change and was very pleased with my choice, very tasty and with a kick of chilli! Can't fault the food or service, back next week!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We were a bit surprised that the restaurant is on an Industrial Estate. However once inside the door the restaurant was pleasantly decorated. The staff were very helpful and the food was really good. It was nice to see the kitchen from our table and to watch things being prepared. We had a lovely meal and enjoyed it so much that we visited it again on our last night of a four night stay. There seemed to be a thriving take away business too. We are a retired couple who enjoy gourmet meals but there were a lot of young people having meals there too so Little Italy seems to appeal to all ages. The music was not intrusive and the atmosphere was really nice. There was an enormous bar on one side which looked very nice and the lighting made for a co sy feel despite the fact that it was in a Warehouse. We hope to have more holidays in Anglesey and Little Italy will certainly feature in it!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Having had takeaway pizza from this place a couple of times, I thought I would try the sit-down option for a change. I was greeted warmly by a guy who I assume is the boss and shown to my table. A menu and drinks order was then promptly taken by one of the waitresses as expected and the same waitress then took my order as soon as I looked ready, again as expected. My drink came quickly and starter came shortly after, the latter being a very impressive and tasty portion of Antipasto which considering only cost £7 would have been good value at £20 and would have fed two or more people. It included a lovely selection of fresh Italian meats, mozzarella and breads presented elegantly on TWO platters! Although this might sound like it was good because it was a good portion, it was actually one of the best quality Italian starters I've tasted, genuinely.

The main course, a creamy pasta thing with beef fillet, arrived immediately as the remnants of my starter departed. It was pretty good, a little too much liquid and the pasta was long past 'al dente, but it tasted very good and the beef was good quality and cooked to perfection.

Ok, so this is where things started slipping a little. Although I can't stand restaurants where the waiting staff feel like they've joined your table, this was certainly not the case here. In fact it was quite the opposite. A little attention, perhaps to ask if I wanted another drink, needed anything (ground pepper in a pepper mill is surely a given in an Italian?), etc, would have been nice. I was left to my own devices while the waitresses chatted and made pizza boxes at the bar. I had to catch their attention to let them know I had finished eating and then after being brought a coffee had to wait a long time to summon attention for the bill and then again to pay it. In a busy restaurant, you could put poor service down to lack of staff, but when staff members outnumber customers 2:1 this is irritating at best, bloody rude at worst. Some staff training could perhaps be in order. Now please do not see this as a slating of the service, it was warm, polite, my food came quickly and I suppose this is the most important part, but it must be a consistent to the moment the customer leaves the restaurant, it wasn't.

To summarise, I would recommend this restaurant and will most likely eat here again. The food is very good, the decor is clean, smart, simple and modern, work in progress I guess (they have only recently moved to this premises). If they could polish the service it would be a really very good place to eat and could use the industrial location to their benefit, quirky is in fashion after all.

2  Thank Energysimple