“What a find!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Amlwch
Ruthin, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My sister booked us into the Lastra as a 70th. birthday treat for me. What a find she made. We were made most welcome. Our room was a delight. It was a family room with a double bed in one part and 2 singles in the other. All fitted out in lovely tapestry covers and curtains. The evening meal, in the conservatory, was excellent and plenty of it. Sue our waitress was friendly and served our three courses with efficiency. We had a glass of wine, again excellent. Coffee then bed. Beds were most comfortable. Our shower was great in the morning. One point - a towel rail by the wash basin & shower would make life easier. A full Welsh cooked breakfast was again well presented, and delicious. Adrian can give himself a pat on the back for yet another delicious meal in the evening. Little extras in the hotel made all the difference - although there were small cartons of milk on the coffee/tea tray there was the option of fresh milk kept in a fridge just along the corridor. Decaf. tea was produced, again by Sue, when this was commented upon.
It is in a lovely rural spot with plenty of parking spaces and as noticed, other guests were made welcome when arriving with their rather large dog!
All in all a wonderful find and I hope both Elaine, co-owner, and Adrian continue to go from strength to strength with the team of co-workers they employ.

Room Tip: Ask for room 5 - Lovely and airy with views across the vfields
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bordoli

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Booked evening meal for two in the conservatory and I have got to say it was excellent. The price was not to expensive, service great and quality of food really good. Both of us enjoyed the atmosphere and believe it was good value for money. Could do with some background music to help people relax.
Plenty of car parking and located in a lovely rural location. Would gladly return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I booked to stay at lastra in june last year for 2 nights as I was visiting friends on Anglesey and it was one of the nicest hotels I found when looking for dog friendly, they were amazingly helpful on the telephone and very accommodating also allowing me to bring my 2 dogs as well, upon arrival we were given the key to our room which was room 9 in the gatehouse about 200yds down the road from the main hotel, when getting to the gatehouse it was beautifully quaint and had a little garden with a bench where my girls and I could play ball and relax, my room was beyond all words it was totally beautiful and very big and spacious with wonderful décor, also they had put a mat and water bowl down ready for my girls which I thought was a really nice personal touch!!! the next morning I went for breakfast and I was not left disappointed as like everything else it was plentiful and lovely and all freshly cooked :-) the service from the staff was second to none and on my second night there Elaine was extremely helpful when I had to go to local hospital and was lovely to me!! i had one evening meal in the restaurant last year and it was delicious beyond words and the service was excellent!! there is not one thing I could fault about Lastra Farm and I have recommended it lots and will continue to do so!! in 4wks I am going back to room 9 in gatehouse at Lastra for a week this time and I am so excited and cannot wait and ive also booked the adjoining room for my mum to come experience the good times this year also :-) amazing hotel, amazing staff, amazing food!! Thank you everyone at Lastra for an amazing break last year and look forward to seeing you again very soon, Maxine and Kiara & Krazee

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Maxine P
west yorks
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights, first time in Anglesey and we booked the Lastra based on the reviews here, we were not disappointed, we had an excellent 3 nights stay.
We had a warm welcome from Sue and Hayley, our room was lovely and warm, bed comfy, plenty of tea, coffee, fresh milk for drinks in your room. The bar is nice and cosy for a drink or 2 before your meal. Really good choice of meals on the menu, food was really good, all local produce used. The breakfasts are fabulous, they set you up for the day! Our favourites were the full Welsh and scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. The local marmalade is delicious!!
Thankyou Adrian, Elaine and team for a lovely stay, we will return to your lovely hotel.

Also loved Angelesy, the weather was good to us so we were able to do lots of walking on the beaches.

Nicky and Steve Christie.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nickyholmfirth
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

On arrival at the hotel we were greated by staff who were very friendly and courteous. We were shown to our room and given directions to the lounge, dining area and bar. Lovely big light conservatory built on the side of the building with nice views of open country side.
The room was clean with spotless bed linen and towels a comfortable bed and two lounge chairs.
The evening meal and breakfast were excellent well cooked nicely presented and served by friendly staff.
Very enjoyable experience would recommend.

Room Tip: Swimming pool and fitness centre are not available at this hotel.
1 Thank lSusan
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had a fabulous time at Lastra Farm Hotel.
The staff greeted us and explained everything about our stay ie: meal times, variations if we needed them. Local fresh produce is used in the preparation of all food and delivered to us in a first class way. The hotel is only small but this we think was an advantage because the personal care was far above all that we have experienced in much larger hotels. Our room was beautiful with all the things you needed with tea coffee and other drinks available free of charge 24/7.
We will certainly return and thoroughly recommend to anyone as a great hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Formby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We only stayed one night but were well looked after by attentive staff and enjoyed a comfortable room.
My partner and I are particularly critical and fussy about the state of British restaurants. We are either unlucky or don't spend enough! We decided to stay at Lastra Farm because of the highly acclaimed food.We were not disappointed. The evening meal was sumptuous and served hot with decent sized portions.
An excellent breakfast menu is also a real treat. The Lastra Farm is a great place for good home cooked food. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amlwch
Chateau Rhianfa
#2 of 2 in Trearddur Bay
The Bulkeley Hotel
The Bulkeley Hotel
#2 of 4 in Beaumaris

Been to Lastra Farm Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!