Beaumaris Marine Services Seacoast Safaris
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Beaumaris
More attraction details
Owner description: Award winning Puffin Island cruises, departing from the beautiful town of Beaumaris. Cruises last approximately 90 minutes and take in spectacular scenery and an abundance of wildlife. Puffin Island is home to resident colonies of Atlantic grey seals, cormorants, shags and gulls to mention a few, we are also lucky enough to see visiting seabirds such as puffins, razorbills, guillemots and kittiwakes, you may even be lucky enough to spot porpoise or dolphin. Alternatively try an adventure, action packed, thrill ride aboard our high powered RIB. Your one hour Adventure ride will take you zipping down the Menai Straits out to Puffin Island where you will get up close to various wildlife, alternatively, or if weather dictates, we'll head down the Menai Straits and under the famous bridges where there may be whirlpools and fierce tides.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Went around puffin island with my wife and three children ages 8, 6, and 2. We all had a great time, and especially the 8yo and 6yo. Scott the captain of the ship was very knowledgeable and we saw seals puffins and various sea birds.
Personally, seeing the coast from the sea rather than the land was an excellent opportunity and I would recommend it to anyone.

1 Thank Daniel S

Menai Bridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“The Best Day Out in North Wales”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Today was my second trip out on Cerismar Two. My first trip with my friends was so enjoyable that I took my nieces and nephew on today's 11am cruise. Having now sailed out to Puffin Island twice, I have experienced the commentary of both skippers and although their styles of delivery may differ somewhat, both are highly informative and true experts on the local waters, landscape, and wildlife.

During the 90+ minute trip we saw guillemots, cormorants, kittywake, oyster catchers, a number of gulls, and even the elusive puffin. We were delighted to have spotted five puffins as the skipper had warned us that they may have already flown north for the winter. He made extra efforts to spin the boat round so that everybody could get a good look at these amazing little birds.

There were two highlights of the trip for my family. Firstly was the colony of seals which can be found on the island's headland. Again, Scott the skipper manoeuvred the boat to ensure that none of the passengers missed out on the photo opportunity. Secondly, my niece and nephew were invited to drive the boat on the way back to Beaumaris and they were overjoyed.

There are warm jackets available for those who are getting a bit wet from the spray. The skippers both welcome questions throughout the trip, their local knowledge is second to none.

At less than £10 per adult, this really is a true bargain. Make sure that you make the Cerismar Two your cruise of choice - I'm going again before the end of the summer because rumour has it that there are even dolphins to be found! Thanks very much Scott and Nad :)

York, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Family outing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Booked a trip for the 25th of July at the start of our holiday and thoroughly enjoyed it. The skipper was very knowledgeable being a marine biologist. She pointed out everything around us and made it a very enjoyable trip. I would recommend this cruise to anyone.

“Great trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic experience with great views and enjoyable and informative commentary.

Excellent value at under £10 per adult for a 90 minute trip.

Highly recommended.

52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“Informative Commentary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

It was a day out with grandchildren which can be stressful. Two Boys and one girl aged between nine and twelve is an audience which is difficult to satisfy but here is an attraction which did just that.

We were lucky insofar as we saw a wide range of birds including the all important puffins, Yes there was also seals.

Yes the commentary was great because at the end of the hour and a half activity grandparents and grandchildren both had comments about what they had heard, For me there was a nice blend of the history of the area combined with the detailed explanation about the bird life.

A definite "Do again activity"