The Bulkeley Hotel
US$133
US$129
  • Bar/Lounge
The Liverpool Arms Hotel(Beaumaris)(Great Value!)
Gazelle Hotel(Menai Bridge)
US$236
Victoria Hotel(Menai Bridge)
US$107
US$94
Travelodge Bangor Wales(Bangor)(Great Value!)
US$59
Travelodge
TripAdvisor
The Anglesey Arms(Menai Bridge)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscoffee shopmenai straitssea viewqueen victoriasilver servicecoffee loungetraditional hotelsandwicheslovely hotelcar parklounge areaevening mealold world charmone night staylarge roomfantastic viewssea front
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights post Christmas in room 223 (family room) and loved it.
Great sized bedroom with massive bed - plus adequate camp bed for our 6-year old son.
Huge bathroom - yes it's a bit dated, no fan, and the shower water pressure is weak, but its functional.

The best feature is the absolutely huge lounge with 2 settees and armchairs. Large TV and double sized window looking out over the sea and Beaumaris pier.
We watched the storms come through, pounding the pier and beach and snuggled up in front of the fire - excellent.

Breakfast was hot, good quality and plentiful (buffet style).

It worked for us!

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Bookemdano
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I have had the time of my life with Shaun Ault encouraging my ongoing laughs. He is funny, witty, with a wicked sense of humour like myself. I propose to make Shaun a manager by the next 6 months. It is my intention to make him part of the comedy club with TV appearances in the next year. He is going to be the next Father Ted. Interviews to commence early February in Dublin with myself the main interviewee. Shaun a little young for part of father Ted but he is the only man in Wales & Ireland for such a prestigious role. Thank you to all the staff & a very happy, healthy New Year.
Sheila.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank sheilabyrne
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We booked a 2 night stay for new year and had a great time.

The food was excellent, in fact in the top 3 I've had & I've been all over the UK & Europe.

Well presented, great staff, special mention for Nigel who looked after us & most of the other guests in a fantastic manner, & the boss Martin who provided an excellent 2 day stay.

Can't understand some of the moaners in other reviews going on about the hotel.

The position was good, it was a throw back to the olden days BUT very clean & tidy. I should know by the way, as I've been in the hotel reviews business for 15years !

Only downside was the new years eve DJ.

Please replace him next year as must of lost a fortune in takings behind the bar with his crap music.

All in all, would definately go back tomorrow.

P.S Local area & pubs great too

Gary
Widnes

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view cost more but are worth it
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vouchercodes1
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We booked a one night stay here as a bit of a break between Christmas and new year. The photos showing roll top baths and tiled floors promised a night of Victorian elegance which, regrettably never materialised. The reception area was cluttered and untidy with tired furnishings, peeling paint and a general air of neglect. The interior design theme continued into our room. Furniture that was outdated in 1989, a worn carpet, a bathroom suite that I last saw when my grandparents house was refurbished in the late 70s. If this hotel has a handyman I suggest they have his eyesight checked for colourblindness as the toilet seat was a completely different colour! Our "genuine" Victorian bed was held together with shelf brackets and on closer inspection was actually a bed frame surrounding a collapsible bed! An absolute joke! The noise from other rooms was ridiculous as well as the floorboards outside the door sounding like someone was walking into our room. On calling reception we were told that the people upstairs had just arrived and the noise would subside shortly. It didn't. On checking out I wasn't surprised how many people were gone before 10 am. Overall very disappointing.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Yarwoods
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The owners are missing a trick. This hotel has fantastic location but is too dated and it shows. We only went for snack lunch and found the entrance dirty. The lounge could have been wonderful with new light decoration and fresh flooring. The coffee and sandwiches were really good but the neglect of this hotel has put me off ever staying there. If they spruced it up then I am sure it would attract clientele.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple