Bishopsgate House Hotel & Restaurant
US$147
US$94
  • Bar/Lounge
The Liverpool Arms Hotel(Beaumaris)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$132
Victoria Hotel(Menai Bridge)
US$106
US$93
The Anglesey Arms(Menai Bridge)
US$130
US$125
Travelodge Bangor Wales(Bangor)(Great Value!)
US$59
Travelodge
All reviewsdecanter of sherrytravelzoo dealdeluxe roomsmall hotelhakeexcellent foodcooked to perfectionfour poster bedfriendly hotelbottled waterthe main streetfirst classon arrivalthree course meallarge partycar parktwo nights
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights at Bishopsgate Hotel on a package deal to celebrate my birthday and our wedding anniversary. Although the hotel looks a little tired from outside, when we checked in, we were made very welcome. After providing necessary details, we were shown to our room on the first floor. There was a four-poster bed. The room had a sea view. The bathroom was clean and tidy. Although the hotel is situated on the main street of Beaumaris, we were not troubled by outside noise.
We had dinner on both nights at the hotel. Although the menu was slightly limited, the standard of food was excellent. Only one problem - it would help to have steak knives for the steak. Perhaps I have been spoilt elsewhere! The bar had a good range of drinks and the wine list was extensive. Breakfast on both days was plentiful. It was quite a change to have table service instead of the more usual buffet.
The bed was reasonably comfortable. It would have helped if the pillows were a bit more plump. Mine were rather thin and solid. My husband did not find them any problem.
We were advised not to touch the resident dog as it has a tendency to nip. However we were told that the cat was very friendly. But apparently as the cat is elderly she does not come into the hotel any more.
After checking out, we found the sea-gulls had 'sabotaged' the car! It required the power wash when we arrived home.

1  Thank tignabruaich30
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We (wife & me) tried the Bishopsgate using an internet voucher which included dinner so we didn't spend too much but it was still an enjoyable overnight. Our room was up in the eaves and had a ceiling that dipped right in the middle of the room. We are both quite small but it wasn't long before I was doing my Quasimodo impression (which is most impressive) and referring to my wife as Esmeralda! I lasted until three minutes before checkout before banging my head. Having said that the room was nice and had a seating area in the window which was very pleasant, with a sea view between the buildings opposite. The shower filled me with dread as it looked so old but it was surprisingly good.
The highlight though was the restaurant which was very busy. A lot of non-residents were eating there which has to be a good sign. Our evening meal was delicious with much of it clearly created on site.
Breakfast was also superb but I do like to get my own fruit juice/cereals rather than have to be served them.
Also Beaumaris is a quirky town with lots to see and do.

1  Thank clgardens
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I booked a table in the restaurant at the Bishopsgate hotel by email for Sunday 6th April. I received a very prompt reply from Hazel saying that everything was booked. A good sign a prompt response.
The staff at the Bishopsgate were very friendly and welcoming. The restaurant was spotlessly clean and well presented. Orders we taken quickly and the food and drinks arrived promptly.
Now to the food, for starters we ordered the crab salad and the crispy roast belly pork, both were perfect. The belly pork was cooked to perfection and the portion sizes were just right for a starter.
For the main course we both ordered the rump steak with peppercorn sauce. I was expecting the streak being rump to be a bit inferior to sirloin or fillet, but it wasn't, it was wonderful and we didn't even need a steak knife to cut into it. The chips were homemade, none of the frozen stuff, and the veg were cooked just right, not to hard and not overdone. For dessert we opted to share a cheeseboard, this came with several cheeses, grapes, a chutney and crackers, one portion was just about the right size for two people.
When the bill came we were pleasantly surprised as I'd expected it to be quite a lot more considering the quality of the food. As Hazel pointed out, it is all about the the food at the Bishopsgate, and she is right, it was so good we had no hesitation in returning again the following evening an doing the whole thing again. This is the place to eat in Beaumaris.

1  Thank milligan1959
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Our stay was amazing! This is not the first time we have stayed at The Bishopsgate, and it will certainly not be the last! In-fact we are already planning our next trip!
The food is out of the world, the accommodation amazing and the staff are so helpful.
Would highly recommend this wonderful establishment

Room Tip: Room 9 is amazing!
1  Thank Twinkle57
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Ate in restaurant here midweek and had a really great meal. Food was well presented and delicious. Service was great. Shame it was so quiet, but I suspect that during the holiday season and weekends, it would be a different story.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family