This is a very nice hotel, refurbished within the last few years but holding on to many of the quirks that a place 200 years old will have. Our room at the back of the building was spacious and clean, probably not as plush as the others at the front of the building that cost more but was of a good size. It had twin beds and two armchairs that were actually really comfortable. Hotel room armchairs I find are usually instruments of torture rather than something to relax in. The room was above the kitchen which you could hear but as all meals etc are over by 10:00 it didn't bother us at all. Not surprisingly in a building of this age the floor was a bit creaky and had a slope to it. However, a bottle of wine and a few whiskies in the restaurant and the floor flattened out nicely. The food here is top-notch, the restaurant frequented by many of the locals who have a wide choice of eateries in Beaumaris. The menu is varied, showing off a good range of cooking skills. The staff were all great, always friendly and helpful. We will undoubtedly be back. Oh yes, tea bags. Plenty of tea bags, I run on tea and usually have to get reception to supply more. I didn't get to the end of these. First time ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bishopsgate House is a small Georgian town house hotel built in 1755 with a Rosette awarded restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Book Direct Rooms and Agoda so you can book your Bishopsgate House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bishopsgate House Hotel And Restaurant
- Bishopsgate House Hotel & Restaurant Beaumaris, Island Of Anglesey