“An excellent cottage in a perfect location”
other travellers have booked this property
Hartleapwell Cottage
Kitchen
Bedroom
Tennis court
My dog Brodie
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 13 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
rodney b
“An excellent cottage in a perfect location”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

My wife and I spent a wonderful week in Hartleapwell cottage and we recommend it highly. Joy could not have been more helpful from beginning to end. Her dog, Brodie, was an added bonus. We will certainly go back to Hartleapwell when we finally return to the UK from Kenya. Many thanks again Joy.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the location
Liked least: leaving
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
20 Aug 2014
Hello,
Thankyou so much for taking the time to review your stay at Hartleapwell,
Brodie and I enjoyed meeting you both and look forward to seeing you plus dogs? when you return, If I can help with your move back to the uk just ask.
meanwhile GOOD LUCK with all the preparations,
Kind regards
Joy
Ann B
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Not happy”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Interesting to read the latest review as we too booked this cottage to find a pets home in the same grounds and to be met at the gate by several large dogs roaming around. When questioned that it did not say on the internet about the pets home Ms Evans replied that there was a picture of a dog on her photos to me this does not constitute a pets home. I to nearly stepped into dog mess when getting out of the car . We were so disappointed that we did not even go into the cottage as it was not going to be the idyllic place that we thought it was going to be we decided not to stay when I asked Ms Evans about a refund she said it was down to trip advisor (we later found out it was her responsibility ) we turned around and came straight back home and had to book another holiday

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Liked best: Nothing
Liked least: Everything
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Irene B
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Did not enjoy it!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

It says a patio etc to sit out on and views over the Menai Straits.
The view from the one window door, was the netting of a tennis court, and the roof of Henllys Hall.
We expected acres of grounds and woodlands to walk in, instead found that the PATH, was the only place to let the dogs out, unless you took a drive of several miles to walk them.The path being literally that , a path. No mention of the fact that the owner also runs a cattery and dog holiday hotel, all from the same premises, which hygiene and noise wise, certainly not conducive to a restful time.
I did on booking, say my husband has early onset Alzheimers, which means everything has to be simple.Nothing was, because after the path, was a 5 bar gate always locked, which had to be unlocked and locked, every time going in and out.Confusing for my husband!! Small area for parking, difficult for me to manage! Dog poo around!
Along with finding cat poo in the bedroom, we would never go again..Came home , went Sat, home Wednesday!!

Each evening, due to no Patio or garden, we had to go into Beaumaris and enjoy a pub garden with our dogs.

Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Nothing
Liked least: All of it
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
25 Jul 2014
I apologise that you could not find your way to the woods after receiving the direction I gave you, had I known I would have shown you personally. I recognise the must have been very disstessing for you both when your husband got lost the woods and your two dogs arrived back at the cottage without him.
I did see you husband in the dogs enclosesure,wherethe pooh may have been seen, as this is the first time anyone has wandered into the dog enclosure I shall endeavour to rectify this issue so that access to the enclosure is locked and will keep a closer eye out fot any missed pooh.
On a hot summers day a cat may venture through a open door or window and
then find itself closed in, with hindsight I should have warned you, but as this has never happened before I regret that I did not.
We spent some time one evening sitting in the garden with your dogs and husband, so I am confused that you say there was nowhere to sit out.
The veiws from the front of the cottage may have been slightly obscured by the shrubs this has now been dealt with.
Had I known of the extent of your husbands health condition I may have suggested that staying in a unfamilar holiday cottage would possible not of help you to find the relaxation and peace you both seeked.
Iam so sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations.
Regards
Joy leedham Evans
AnnetteBL
“Ideal location from which to explore Anglesey.”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

A warm welcome from our host, Joy, to this cottage ideally located within the grounds and impressive facilities of Henllys Hall. Excellent value for money, close to Beaumaris and a good base from which to explore Anglesey. Looking forward to going back again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Recommended for:
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
21 May 2014
Many thanks for your kind responce, I,m so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Hartleapwell and hope to welcome you here again

Kind regards Joy
sams8
Liverpool, England
“magical place”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

I couldn't believe our luck when we spotted the fact that this magical place had found its way onto trip advisor.
You simply have to come here it is so much more than just another rental.
Set in the grounds of Henllys Hall with woodlands and woodland walks at the rear of the cottage the peace and quite is amazing a short stroll down from the cottage to the front of the hall will give you a breath taking view of the straits and the mountains beyond and a further walk to the entrance of the hall a stunning view of the fields beyond and Beaumaris
itself.
We have back here four times now and plan to go again next year such is the magic of Hartleapwell.
A good few places to eat try Pop eyes and a well stocked Spar for shopping should you need it and local shops will cater to most of your needs.
But it has to be the stunning countryside that abounds that will truly take your breath away.

21 May 2014
Thankyou so much for your wonderfull response I look forward to seeing you again at Hartleapwell
Kind regards
Joy
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$94
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing