“OK for a short break”
Review of Breeze Hill Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Benllech
Breeze Hill Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Benllech B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 August 2014

stayed here 12/13 the August the Hotel is dated but the service and cleanliness has improved since last time i stayed. The breakfast was plentiful and cooked from fresh you can choose what you want full English, kipper's cereal etc. We ate from the bar menu both nights we stayed and was good pub grub. beds were comfy and we stayed in room 2 which has a double and single with a pull out bed for a small child. £90 for all 4 of us with breakfast.
Good place to stay for a base to tour around, the hotel down the rd is closed and Benllech is in need of some regeneration. The Benllech Hotel is still open but is a bit rough around the edges.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tracey L

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Just got back from a one night stay at the breeze hill my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay our room was very clean and we had a sound nights sleep in an extremely comfortable bed .The cooked breakfast was as good as I have had anywhere and the staff were very attentive to the customers needs.I would have no hesitation in returning to this nice hotel in a lovely part of wales

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank cazboo123
Reviewed 5 July 2014

we visited midday on a weekday intending to have a drink and a lunch. The barman appeared to walk out off the bar when we walked in, after waiting a couple of minutes he again appeared and then left again. on his return he started to "pull a new barrel through the pumps" then said he'd be with us in a couple of minutes and left the bar again. We walked out. As ex publicans we know the importance of good service, I would suggest serving a waiting customer is more important than changing a barrel, which can be done later when no one is waiting.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank john d
Reviewed 3 June 2014

A party of 4 went for Sunday lunch 1/6/2014. The food was nice, good value for money, served by courteous staff and enjoyed in pleasant surroundings. We would definitely go again and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mike C
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in Room 4 on a Monday evening. After checking in late afternoon, I laid down to rest after hiking for 7 hours. I heard much yelling by an adult and one or two children screaming/crying and running up and down stairs. I opened my door to go down to mention this to staff, but saw that the place where the ruckus eminated was the private residence next to my room. Unfortunately, too tired to put up a fight, I hoped for quiet later, and got it. The pub food was decent for dinner. The breakfast was done in the pub itself and was fine, but staff were cleaning up the pub at the same time, so felt a bit out of place.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Blushift
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Would never stay at this hotel again. The landlady thinks it is ok for a member of staff to enter your room while you are not in it and to go through you personal belongings, and when you bring it to her attention she doesn't think she should apologize.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lisa m
Susan H, Manager at Breeze Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Im very sorry that you felt your complaint was not handled as well as it should have been. Please contact me so that we can resolve this matter.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Last time we went to Anglesey was around 8 years ago. We used to have a caravan on the island. We regularly visited the Breeze Hill Hotel with our young kids for food and drinks and had stayed there once before, on our way to open up the caravan on a very cold, rainy day in March. My husband had booked a room for us, as a surprise for me. We were in room 3 then.

We arrived yesterday and initially thought the hotel wasn't open, as the place looked to be closed for renovation. It turned out that the function room (the whole of the right side of the building) was indeed being updated but the rest of the hotel/bar/restaurant was open for normal business. I rang the mobile number on the notice, because the doors were locked. The owner answered and was SO friendly. She would have allowed us to access the room there and then, even though we were very much earlier than check-in time. She asked us to ring her again when we had returned from our walk, which we did. We were shown to our room - ROOM 3!! It's a lovely room, at the front of the hotel and it has excellent views across the bay. The bathroom looks to have been recently refurbished and is lovely (there's a crack in the sink, which needs attention, but I'm sure you must be aware of it - forgot to mention when we were leaving - it didn't spoil our experience in any way!). Some sachets of shampoo were available to use. The bed was beautifully comfy and clean, as were the fluffy, white towels. There were plenty of tea bags, coffee, sugar and milk, plus biscuits (my fave - ginger!).

We went down to the pub/restaurant for our dinner and I can honestly say I have never had better lasagne! It was served with garlic bread. We also had chips between us, which probably weren't necessary, as the portions were massive! My husband had chicken curry, which he enjoyed very much. We had a lovely, relaxing time at our table in the bay window area, chatting to two local people (one of whom recommended the lasagne) and drinking our wine (lovely Merlot for me) and Guinness (good - and well kept, according to my husband).

We played pool before dinner (won one game each) in the back room. The table was very popular later on - we chose the right time to play.

Our breakfast table was prepared for us, when we came down this morning, along with another table laid out with breakfast cereals and fresh juice. Tea and coffee were served immediately. I chose not to have cereal because a full Welsh Breakfast sounded pretty huge - and it was! Everything was cooked to perfection - sausage, bacon, egg, black pudding, hash brown, beans, mushrooms and plenty of toast. Really could not have been any better.

The owners are new to the place (I believe they have been there for 5 weeks?) and I genuinely hope they make a massive success of it. They are attentive, friendly and provide lovely accommodation, great service and delicious food.

Thanks very much for a thoroughly enjoyable visit. We will be back!

Go and stay - you will love it!

Room Tip: Room 3 is at the front of the hotel - ask for it, if you want a great view. The window ledge is so...