Giddy Aunt's Tearoom
Price range: US$0 - US$7
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: we are open for 2016 season at Easter (Good Friday) Opening days FRIDAY/SATURDAY/SUNDAY. MONDAY. 12-6pm Last orders 5 pm.
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My friend Mike, knowing I love my cream teas, highly recommended this venue, so today, I took my husband Brian and friend Pam and popped over from Cheshire, we received a very warm welcome to Wales, followed by the most delightful of cream teas, wish I could post a picture of our treats, the scones were delicious, best ever, a long way to travel, but so so worth the round trip, long may Giddy Aunt's Tearoom remain

1  Thank Renee P

Reviewed 18 August 2014

What a fabulous place! We were met at the stable door by the Giddy Aunt herself (I presume!!) We both had the special of delicious sandwiches and the even more delicious scones with clotted cream and jam! We could hardly move afterwards - we will definitely be returning.

2  Thank nellysue
Reviewed 17 August 2014

As somewhere that is hidden, you are surprised to find somewhere so welcoming! The lady met us at the stable door. The cream tea was scrumptious. The scones were as if baked by your favourite Aunt. What a find, we shall return!

2  Thank cbreeze2013
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Were to start.. I have been a visiter to the caravan in the grounds for the passed six years. I have seen these two wonderful people grow the business from nothing to a brilliant run little business built with loads of love.. We have and have today cried on our way home after two weeks of a massive supply of cakes on almost a daily basis. Myself and my two children are treated like family and we consider them our family. Yes it's small but packs a massive punch and yesterday they had a car park full but still everybody came out looking full and happy.. If you visit anywhere make sure you pay them a visit as they will welcome you with a smile and brilliant customer service.. X

2  Thank Joanne S
Reviewed 14 August 2014

In the same way as many others, we stumbled upon Giddy Aunt's Tearoom by chance seeing an arrow sign on a lamppost. We received a very warm welcome at the stable door to the kitchen area and were shown inside to the most quaint little old stone cottage tearoom. Jade, our little chinese crested had to stay in the car because it was too cold for us to eat outside and have her with us. Even so, she was given doggy biscuits which kept her very happy. The two men had the Giddy special of sandwich with trimmings and a lovely scone, clotted cream and organic jam and pot of tea/caffetier of wonderful coffee respectively. They declared themselves fully satisfied! I had the cream tea of two scones and caffetier of coffee. The scones were fresh out the oven, huge and delicious. I have read comments on Trip Advisor that the menu is limited but that is because its a tea room and not a cafe, so emphasis on good old fashioned fare which they do to perfection. Nothing was too much trouble for our wonderful hosts and tea/coffee could be refilled at no extra cost which is something very rare these days, on both counts. We live not far over 'the bridge' but look forward to returning very soon and will be telling our neighbours about Giddy Aunts. A suggestion perhaps, just to enlarge the menu a little might, keeping in mind the confines of the little kitchen, might be to have soup and home made rolls. I know two men who will definitely return for that. :-) There is also a self-catering caravan in the gardens that allows dogs and is self-contained. Very quiet and peaceful setting.

2  Thank Toffeesma