“excellent value”
Review of Harbour Hotel

Harbour Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Cemaes Bay
Reviewed 27 January 2013

the hotel was extremely clean, looks like they have recently had new carpets throughout. the food was excellent. Bedrooms very clean as was the bathroom. nost of all we were able to take our dog with us on holiday. would recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Stayed there last night ,with my wife ,and daughter and her boyfriend ,good atmosphere etc ,would recommend ,nice staff ,great room no5 ,and my daughter and her boyfriend had fun room no 4 .all good :)

Room Tip: Room no5 a great view .
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Welsk_Kevlar
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Took my daughter and her partner to the hotel. Love Cemaes bay and wanted them to see it...and out family of Jack Russells. We were all very comfortable and they loved it too. We had a lovely Saturday and Sunday night stay and took all our meals at the hotel. The food was as good as I remembered and I retried the lobster bisque soup. We all enjoyed the very hearty breakfast. All in all another good stay. We loved the beach and spent ages there on the first weekend in November and the sun shone and the dogs were just in 7th heaven. We will be back !

Room Tip: Just love the front balcony rooms with their views of the bay.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank remfan
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Always worth it to return to Cemaes Bay. Great food and friendly staff at the Harbour Hotel. From windy clifftop scrambles to seaside strolls, coastal walks all have one thing in common, a healthy dose of sea air....yet another beautiful day!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Manech
Reviewed 16 October 2012

What a nice hotel. Simple, clean and welcoming.
Great view over harbour. Ideal positioning for coastal walks.
But the real surprise was the quality of the food. Excellent fresh local produce. Very reasonable prices. Well kept real ale – Wells from Bedford – Travelled a long way but tasted great! What more do you need?
The small village of Camaes has all that you need, general store, post office and newsagent. A great place to explore from.

Room Tip: Room with a view over the Bay
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank cloud9NorthWestUK
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I admit I have very fond memories of Cemaes from childhood holidays. I booked this hotel as it was advertised as dog friendly and it certainly is! My dogs are part of my family and can behave very well. This hotel made me and the dogs very welcome. As I so wanted to wake up and be able to look at the bay and the cliffs and the sea I requested a balcony room and the owners did their best to give me just that for my 2 night stay.It was wonderful to be able to go and sit out on the balcony and watch village and bay life going by.
This pub hotel is quite large and I think people should understand that this isn't a chain concern that can attract deals on re carpetting every 5 minutes and re furbishing and decorating non stop. So if you want to expect not to find any sign of anyone ever using it, you will find marks on the stairs etc. These did not detract in any way from my stay. The bed was comfortable. The bedding was perfectly clean, the bathroom was yes a little tired but everything worked and again it was clean. Marks on carpets and walls do not mean a place isn't clean
The staff were very pleasant and helpful both at breakfast and in the evening. The first night had the lobster bisque soup as a starter ( it was so good I chose it again on the 2nd !) The meals were very nice, my only regret was that I couldn't finish my Welsh steak and Stilton salad on the 2nd night. I can't review desserts as was always too full to tackle one !
Breakfast was comprehensive. The bacon was very lean and tasty, the mushrooms the first morning were the nicest ever, eggs cooked to order, and black pudding, sausage, beans, tomato and fried bread - toast to order too. All in all - delicious and I am missing it already!
Cemaes holds lovely summer memories for me and the beach is dog friendly thank goodness as in parts of it are allowed for dogs year round. The coastal path runs through the village and is a wonderful walk to attempt. To the north of the village is an old church- the site dates from 400AD and there is wonderful bird watching up on the cliffs. Right opposite the hotel one can take the steps down to the park area by the little river running down into the harbour.
We will definitely return.

Room Tip: loved room 4
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank remfan
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Stayed at the end of July 2012, the room was adequate, had a slight problem with water in the room but the management resolved it immediately.
Now the restuarant, we cannot recommend it enough, the food was absolutely superb so much so that we dined both nights and had different selections. Our daughter also really enjoyed her food.
They are constantly improving and we will return!

Room Tip: Definaetly get a balcony
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
#2 of 4 in Beaumaris
The Anglesey Arms
The Anglesey Arms
#4 of 5 in Menai Bridge

Been to Harbour Hotel? Share your experiences!