“Peacefull”
other travellers have booked this property
View from juliet balcony
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
View from juliet balcony
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
OliversAr...
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely Property, Shame about the neighbour and let down by arrival...”
Reviewed 2 March 2018 for a stay in February 2018
people found this review helpful

Let me start with the positives as the property is lovely. Beautifully furnished with a massive bi fold window overlooking the pretty little harbour the apartment is ideally situated being very literally a stones throw from the lovely beach.

There's a lovely walk along the front of the property that will take you up a wooded valley alongside the river and with the dog friendly beach at the front of the property, this one's also ideal for taking your pooch on holiday with you.

The kitchen is modern & well equipped should you need it (to be fair we didn't make too much use of it as we ate out every night!), the TV in the lounge is a decent Smart TV with a full SKY package if the weather's bad and you've got nothing better to do on a winter's day.

The master bedroom is great - bed is comfy and has a nice little en suite...again, the views over the harbour are fabulous. The second double has an equally fantastic view and my daughter assures me that the bed was extremely comfortable!

The final bedroom is a bunk room - comfortable enough but was very slow to warm up - especially when the weather was as cold as it was during our visit - our son coped by turning into something of a caveman, wrapping himself in both duvets and making use of the heater that was stored in the cupboard!

There's an excellent bathroom - ideal for washing off the sand from the beach!

Which brings me on to the negative parts...The owners need to take note of the comments which I believe are completely well founded...

1. Upon arrival we discovered that we couldn't get into the key safe to retrieve the key. Now on a beautiful summers day this wouldn't be so bad but on a bitter February evening, it wasn't a great start. Despite having 3 sets of telephone numbers to call we took over 30 minutes before we could get hold of anyone. It turns out that there was an administrative error of some sort which meant the updated key code hadn't been given to us - it didn't match either of the codes which I'd been sent...not a great start to the holiday.

2. When we finally got into the property it was freezing - and I mean freezing. I would have thought that someone would have at the very least set the heating to ensure that it came on to heat the property up before we arrived. Furthermore, despite every effort to get the heating going, we could tell that there was an issue with the boiler. Fortunately the agent rang our phone (responding to my previous panicked messages about the key code) and when we queried the issue with the heating, she advised me that sometimes there was a problem with the boiler - and that the only way to sort the heating was to reset the boiler - which is in the roof. To do this, I had to pull down the folding stepladder from the loft and get up into the loft and reset the boiler. Fortunately I'm relatively fit and young enough to be pulling down a loft ladder and climbing up - even more fortunately the boiler in the property is exactly the same as our boiler at home and I was able to reset it immediately and get the heating going.

It still took a good hour before the apartment got any sort of warmth into it due to the sheer cold and if I'd not been as capable, or I'd been a little older I might not have been able to get the boiler going. If this had been the case, I certainly wouldn't have put up with it and would have booked into a local hotel for the night as I think hypothermia would have set in. I hope the owners take note of my comments as it ruined the first night of our holiday and it certainly took the gloss off the stay as a whole.

3. You can't use the field below the house as this belongs to the owner of the property on the ground floor. Now I'm booking this property for some peace and quiet and for a break away - I didn't expect the owner to turn up on the Thursday evening late, let his dogs run madly around the field barking their heads off until late and then the following morning at 8.05am to conduct a very loud, clearly very confrontational mobile phone call right outside our bedroom window. This was followed by a very loud domestic row about the price of something - every word heard very clearly. Bang goes my nice relaxing lie-in. This was followed up the following evening by the neighbours friends/family arriving and a small party of sorts taking place directly below until about 2.30am in the morning - again, I know I'm on holiday but clearly they don't have any respect for the fact that they have neighbours above them. I know that the owners of Lloft y Storws can't legislate for this, but you would expect that they would talk to the owner of the property below and that they'd come to some agreement over behaviour etc...Again, this put something of a dampener on the holiday especially as it meant a very late night...

So, apologies for the lengthy review but I wanted to make it as honest as possible - again, I can only re-iterate that the property is lovely, but due to the issues that we experienced it took the sheen off our short break and certainly didn't leave us with the memories we were hoping for. Whilst I would happily give the property 5 stars if marking it on the apartment alone, the issues we experienced mean that I've got to mark it down - and for that I can only apologize.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
4 Mar 2018
Good afternoon and thank you for your detailed review. We do appreciate all your comments the positives are wonderful to hear as we are very proud of our holiday home. I can only apologise sincerely for the negatives.
The key safe error is completely our fault and a mistake following a recent change. We try to change the code often to ensure we maintain security but hadn’t updated our records properly. This process will be rectified immediately for all future guests.
We do have a heating procedure during the winter months where the cleaner sets the heating in the days prior to visitors coming in as the building is stone it does take time to warm through. Having checked with the cleaner the heating was set days before your arrival but the power had been cut the day before by the power board to replace Cables in the road. Again looking back we were made aware of this by email but this was overlooked. I am very sorry for this and can understand completely how it would hamper your experience.
Regarding the neighbours I can only apologise again for this as you say although it is beyond our control it is far from ideal. The apartment below is usually empty so this is very unfortunate. We will make an effort to make sure this doesn’t happen again. The property below is for sale and we are hoping this will improve the situation in the future.
Again thank you for your detailed review these comments help us to identify and rectify issues to ensure our guests have the most pleasant stay possible.
I do hope you give Lloft y Storws another chance as we are keen to rectify the situation with you.
Many thanks in advance. Sue x
zoobie101
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Peacefull”
Reviewed 22 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Both the holiday house and village were lovely. The house is bright and airy with lovely views, stocked with many appliances. electrical equipment etc. It s very clean and comfortable. Off road parking is a bonus too.
Lots of walks, nice pub and restaurant.
Had a fab time and will be booking again!

Helenroll...
Burton-in-Lonsdale, United Kingdom
“Lovely apartment with a beautiful view over the harbour”
Reviewed 1 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

We had a brilliant 3 night break.The apartment is only a few metres onto the beach with great views over the bay. Well equipped kitchen and cosy seating area with folding glass doors to enjoy the harbour.
There is only a short walk to a couple of eating places and the pub, we ate very well.The location is ideal for dogs, they had a great time exploring the cliff top walks and beaches. We would definitely return.

17 Jan 2018
Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review. Thankyou also for your feedback which I appreciate. We look forward to welcoming you back. Regards Suei
Elaine K
“Not just a summer place”
Reviewed 1 December 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Had a lovely stay in November, weather was dry but cold still saw seals off the coastal path and as there are no dog restrictions in November we were able to visit beaches that have been closed to us in the past. This apartment has everything you need and more plus the amazing chip shop and pubs just a few steps away.

5 Dec 2017
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Will H
“5*”
Reviewed 15 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Great location, lovely apartmentment, Cemaes is a top location with spectacular sunsets and views. Great stay!

26 Aug 2017
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Much appreciated. Regards Sue
JonPicker...
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Still Love it !!”
Reviewed 18 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Would recommend to everybody.

Excellent property, excellent views, excellent facilities.

.. ...Most understanding owner also ;-)

Jon....

18 Jul 2017
Thanks Jon. Hope to welcome you back in the future.
annd548
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Location”
Reviewed 17 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

Lovely apartment, everything provided, so home from home. Gorgeous views and we were very fortunate to have wall to wall sunshine all week.

27 May 2017
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing