“Superb Carvery”
Review of Tafarn Y Rhos

Tafarn Y Rhos
Ranked #1 of 4 Llangefni B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We visited as a party of 4 adults and one child all choosing the Sunday Carvery. The choice of meat and veg was fantastic. Everything was fresh and cooked well - we all agreed the roasties were the best we'd ever had out! Great value when you consider how many places produce processed/frozen foods. It speaks volumes when you see/hear locals enjoying the food too. Da iawn!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank RCR08
There are newer reviews for Tafarn Y Rhos

Reviewed 7 June 2014

good food, good beer, good atmosphere, good staff, good value for money,comfortable bed, ideal location being located just of the A5 for visiting all point of anglsey,
what more can one want??????????????

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank james s
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were made very welcome at Tafarn y Rhos and we had a great Easter weekend there. Just back this evening. It's a very busy place with lots of atmosphere which we like. The only gripe was that other guests let the fire doors slam late at night and early in the mornings. This is no fault of the owners although they might want to advise guests not to let the doors slam when they first check in or put up signs about it.
All in all, we were treated very well, the staff are friendly, the breakfast superb and it's a great location for walks and for access to north or south Anglesey. We also ate there on two of the three evenings we stayed. Thanks very much for a nice stay, Tracey, Nigel, Paul & Sue. PS we WILL catch you some mackerel next time!!!!

Room Tip: Great views from all rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TStevenson
Reviewed 20 February 2014

stayed for 3 nights wonderful staff , food was excellent, we intended to eat out for 2 nights but food was that good that we stayed at the hotel. we have a guide dog and the staff couldnt have been more welcoming to us. nothing was too much trouble. all in all excellent hotel, would definately recommend .many thanks for looking after us.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JANET M
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Easy to get to, straight off the A55. Friendly, helpful manager and staff. Nice atmosphere, friendly local regulars. Peace and quiet. Clean, comfortable room with a nice bed and self controlled heating that warms the room quickly. Excellent, good value HUGE meals, (compliments to the Chefs). Hot water in plentiful supply. Ideal place to stay to explore Anglesey, (Red Wharf bay was recommended by staff and was a good location to explore). Will definitely stay there again. We found this hotel through KGB, but we booked through the Tafarn Y Rhos website and got a better deal.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emmanste_12
Reviewed 9 January 2014

On arriving I checked in at the Bar, I can't say I had a warm welcome, in fact I felt I was putting the bar lady to some trouble.
On entering the room it was very cold, cold enough to leave my coat on. The heating is turned on by pressing a button on the wall, this seems to operate the heater for a timed period. I went downstairs for food in the bar, by the time I returned to the room the heating had timed out and the room cold again. I can't say the room temperature was ever comfortable. The bed mattress was awfully uncomfortable and the room dated. It was however very clean.
On the positive side the food was good. I had the beef curry and it was very nice. The bar area had plenty of atmosphere and had a nice roaring fire.
Breakfast was good and the gentleman serving was welcoming and attentive. I may have felt differently if he was there on my arrival.
If the room cost was less than I would be more understanding however I paid the same rate the night before in a holiday inn and the experience was so much better.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Phil P
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I visited here for a Sunday lunch. Four of us were herded upstairs to what I can only describe as a Staff Canteen. The décor of the room took me back to the 1970’s. Cleanliness was not on top of their list, neither was the food, which was very basic and rather tasteless. The staff looked as if they wanted to be elsewhere. I won’t be going back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank AnnJ1878
tafarnyrhos, Owner at Tafarn Y Rhos, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

I'm sorry that you feel you visited a "staff canteen" I agree the premises are in need of refurbishment and we are in negotiations with the brewery about that. The food however I disagree with your comments. We serve a carvery on Sundays and it is indeed served upstairs due to the size of the carvery station. We receive positive reviews for our carvery which has become one of the most popular on the island and we do not as a norm receive adverse comments about it. I'm sorry that we failed to achieve a standard of which you expected on this occasion .

Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangefni
Tre-Ysgawen Hall, Country House Hotel and Spa
#1 of 5 in Menai Bridge
Gazelle Hotel
Gazelle Hotel
#3 of 5 in Menai Bridge

Been to Tafarn Y Rhos? Share your experiences!