“Mother's Day lunch”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Llangefni
Rhosllanerchrugog, United Kingdom
“Mother's Day lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Having booked the meal on the recommendation of someone else we were certainly not disappointed on our arrival at the hotel with the lovely gardens and surroundings
The disappointment only started once we got inside , we were not greeted by anyone and upon asking the receptionist where to go we were told to "go to the bar" they're sorting it out in there , into the bar we went where we were ignored for 5 minutes at the bar itself , we were then asked if we had a reservation , I gave my name and waited while the person looked and then exclaimed your not booked in , then asked how I spelled my name , I told here to which she then replied oh there's a pemberly here that must be it , we were then told to take a seat as someone would bring menus and take a drinks order . Again we waited for 5-10 minutes in the dimly lit and dingy looking bar , our order was taken and went through to the table , food was excellent and so were the waitresses service and nothing was not too much trouble , upon settling our bill however we were greeted by a rude bar man who took us through to reception to pay , this was supposed to be a treat for our mum on Mother's Day and it was let down by a run down shabby looking interior to what could be a lovely place , it feels like the hotel is trying to be up market but actually isn't .

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank antemery2016
TreYsgawenHall, Manager at Tre-Ysgawen Hall, Country House Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry your experience was not enjoyable and you found staff to be rude. I have looked into this and mentioned it to departments so they can discuss with the team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Northwich, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I went to this hotel and spa for 1 night only for my daughters birthday and mothers day. As we walked into the hotel we were speechless its beautiful,our room was a twin room with bath and shower and was lovely and clean. We thought we would have a snack as it would be a few hours till dinner so we ordered room service..i had a tuna sandwich and laura had a chicken salad ..they were like to main meals they were so large.We had a aroma massage for 30 mins which were lovely and relaxing and then we headed to the lovely pool and jaccuzi..wonderful. For our evening meal we went to the Clockhouse and had a wonderful meal..unfortunately there was nothing chocolaty for my daughter so we headed back to the room and ordered room service and she got a chocolate mousse and orange sorbet..wonderful. Breakfast the nxt morning was a cold buffet and hot cooked breakfast ,there was something for everyone.The staff are really kind and friendly and are eager to please. All in all we had a great time and i would go again and maybe take my husband .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandra I
Glad your daughter and yourself had a good time and that the team looked after you. We look forward to your return visit.
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Haven't been here for a few years but was delighted to find the spa was even better than I remembered. Some new additions and improved decor in treatment rooms was welcome and made for a very enjoyable day. The package was fantastic value so I added a couple of extra treatments and all were top notch. My therapist, Natalie, was very friendly but worked out quickly that I didn't want to chat. Her technique in all treatments was the best I have experienced in many spa visits. Food at lunch was lovely and service in general couldn't be faulted. Can't wait to go again x

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Thedavoes
Glad you had a good time and that you enjoyed the facilities and also the new ones. Hope to see you again soon
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

aven't been to Llangefni for years and didn't remember it being particularly worth returning to but then I spotted this deal on Secret Escapes and thought it would be nice to do for my birthday in March. The hotel is actually about 5 minutes or so outside Llangefni, an imposing building set in beautiful grounds.Inside it is like a stately home,very grand indeed.We had a lovely room but the next day when I tried the very powerful shower it apparently leaked into the restaurant below so we were asked to move to the newer part of the hotel.This was handled very well so I have no complaints and would say the new room (no 37) was even nicer.We tried out afternoon tea which was epic and pretty reasonable at just over £12.00. The spa facilities were great and a special mention must be made of Kelly my very friendly beauty therapist who is outstanding at reflexology.I fell asleep mid treatment which is a great compliment to her technique. Breakfast was served in a lovely conservatory and was to a very high standard.We had lunch in the Clock tower bistro and that was really nice.We didnt have an evening meal at the hotels main restaurant, it seemed quite expensive for that but would not rule it out when we go back. Service throughout was impeccable and we had a lovely time; even my husband enjoyed it and I wasn't sure he would as it was geared towards me being pampered, which I certainly was.

Room Tip: The rooms in the newer part are better appointed
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank iannpaula
Thanks for the review and glad you had a good time, glad that you were looked after and we hope to see you again
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

My daughter and her new Husband had their wedding reception at this Hotel just yesterday 22nd March 2014.
This hotel, made it a wonderful time for them and our guests.
I cannot praise the food highly enough.
The service was fantastic, and they did everything to perfection.
The rooms were beautiful and clean.
Cant praise them highly enough.

Thank you to all concerned.

Room Tip: Please try this place. Enjoy . Bedrooms either overlook the car park or over look a small garden pi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank gwynp2014
Many thanks for your review, and so glad you had an excellent time. We hope to see you back soon
Llangefni, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

After a busy few weeks, my wife and I deserved a special break. Looking at various venues, we eventually chose the nearest - only about 10 miles away. We had driven past the entrance many times but as is often the case, if it's on your doorstep you never visit it. We parked up and entered through a grand double door. Already we felt special. Tina, the very helpful receptionist, greeted us and explained everything. Our bags were taken to our room and we went for a short walk in the expansive grounds. However the spa was calling and we quickly returned, grabbed our cossies and went for a dip. The spa facilities are fully available as part of the room cost and though we did not make use of the very well equipped gym, the sumptuous pool, sauna and jacuzzi were more than enough pampering! We showered and changed and made our way to the bar to browse the menu for Noelle's restaurant (a 5 course feast awaited).
Everything was cooked to perfection from the pea and mushroom soup to the cheesecake. I am a fussy eater but could not fault it. We retired to the library for coffee and later climbed the sweeping stairs back to our room.
Breakfast was all it should have been and more and both of us had a fantastic time. So much so that we have booked our return visit on 27th June to celebrate our retirement and move to Anglesey on that date in 2013. (We're thinking of returning again on 29th July when we celebrate our first meeting on that date in 1994)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank smileymikey
Thank you for your review, and glad everyone looked after you. We look forward to seeing you back in June
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I've stayed at Tre-Ysgwaen on a few occasions with my partner and friends of ours, and we always have a fantastic time. Normally we arrive on a Friday afternoon / evening, (normally earlier than what we state!!) if our rooms aren't ready we sit in the lounge area for drinks and usually our bags will be in our rooms when they are ready. I haven't had a treatment in the spa however, we use the facilities within the spa which are lovely and clean. Towels and robes are available...love the machine that spins your cossie dry!!!

The food is amazing, the Head Chef is wondrous! We tend to eat from the A 'La Carte menu which is priced at roughly £32 a head (And I'm a fussy eater and there's always something that I can eat!) The breakfast is amazing.....there is a variety of cereals, patisseries, fruit, cold meats and cheese etc something for everyone. I like that the staff will then take your order for a cooked breakfast if you wish. Endless coffee and tea - nothing is too much trouble for the staff...always courteous and polite.

The rooms are so so comfy.....the beds are huge and soft....the bathroom is huge!!! Tea and coffee facilities etc available, plenty of wardrobe space too! I've primarily stayed on the ground floor which has huge doors which open onto a courtyard area...very pretty...

Overall I absolutely love staying at Tre-Ysgawen.

Room Tip: Personally I like the rooms on the ground floor near the Clock Tower restaurant.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Titchytom
Thank you for your review, very glad that you enjoyed and returned. We look forward to seeing you return soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangefni
Chateau Rhianfa
Bishopsgate House Hotel & Restaurant
Trecastell Hotel
Trecastell Hotel
#2 of 3 in Amlwch

Been to Tre-Ysgawen Hall, Country House Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!