During a visit to family in Anglesey we dropped in to Tre Ysgawen Hall for a quick lunch, having very much enjoyed a champagne afternoon tea there a few years back. The main house itself seems not to be in use during the day, at least for non-residents, so we were taken to the lounge/bar/restaurant area in the converted 'Clock Tower' building at the back, which was a little bit of a shame as it doesn't possess any of the period grandeur or character that the main house has, which is what drew us there in the first place. We sat overlooking a very pretty, sunny courtyard which must be part of the spa as there were lots of bored-looking people sat around in white towelling robes, which I must say is not a particularly edifying sight when you're fully dressed and eating your lunch. You might have already guessed but I'm definitely not a 'spa break' sort of person! Gripes aside, the food was good, service was excellent and prices reasonable. I would go back, but I'd rather have afternoon tea in the drawing room again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reached along a private wooded drive, Tre-Ysgawen Hotel & Spa is gracefully set in peaceful, beautifully maintained gardens in the very heart of Anglesey in North Wales. We at Tre-Ysgawen look forward to welcoming you to a charming and elegant country hotel were you can enjoy tranquility, relaxation and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Tre-Ysgawen Hall, Country House Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tre-Ysgawen Hall, Country House Hotel Llangefni
- Tre-Ysgawen Hall, Country House Hotel And Spa Llangefni, Island Of Anglesey