“Lovely hotel with a lot of character.”

Nant Yr Odyn Country Hotel & Restaurant Ltd
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Llangefni
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Beautiful hotel in a lovely location with friendly and helpful staff. Wendy went out of her way to be helpful and Andrew was welcoming and attentive in the bar.
I even got to practice some Welsh with the friendly waitresses.
The food was amazing, I had scallops and steak on the first night and returned to the scallops on the second night they were so tasty! Lovely menu and I was honestly spoilt for choice.
I liked the good old fashioned service and being taken to your table as well as being able to have coffee in the cosy bar. Travelling alone can be dire, but this made me feel welcome.
Slight niggle was lack of serviceable internet in room 1 as I was here for work and also I thought room 5 was a much nicer room, but minor points in comparison to the whole.

Room Tip: Room 5 is lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I found this place on the internet, never been before but will definitely visit again. The location is perfect for visiting Anglesey, you are very central and the A55 is just up the road. The location is peaceful and scenic, we went for a walk after our delicious breakfast each morning. We ate in the A la carte restaurant which is open to non-residents and it was one of the best meals we've ever had. Would definitely recommend. The room was clean and perfect for us. We stayed on the ground floor. The staff are very helpful, friendly and always on hand to help.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank happycouple31
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Although we haven't stayed here we have often dined here for Sunday lunch or dinner in the evening. We have always had a lovely welcome and Mrs Chape always remembers what drinks we have!!
The bar and lounge are extremely comfortable and the staff are very good.
There were four of us last night and the food was perfect especially the fillet steak.
I am picky regarding vegetables and although the others found them perfectly OK, I prefer them to be cooked a little longer

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank John B
Reviewed 16 January 2014

First an admission, my first visit was over a year ago, but I feel it is valid to comment at this stage as the second one just falls within the time window. This was a case of serendipity,the first time it was booked "blind" for a work related visit to Anglesey (I work in the railway industry), the return visit, also work related, was because I liked it so much the first time! It is very conveniently situated, within a few hundred yards of the the main A55, yet there is no trace of it by the time you get to the hotel, its tranquil and serene. The rooms are nice and clean, I had to make an early start one day so a breakfast tray was provided, which was more than adequate. The "normal" breakfasts were also very good. The evening meals here are very good as well, the bar / lounge area is very comfortable and as others have mentioned you wait here until called through for your meal; the food uses good quality ingredients and has no pretentions. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ian N
Reviewed 4 October 2013

If we had booked this as bed and breakfast we would probably have thought it OK if perhaps expensive with the roof space bedrooms having little or no windows (opening roof light) or view.

But the bedroom was spacious, clean and with a high quality shower.

The breakfast was satisfactory but the evening restaurant meal was very disappointing. Meats chewy and overlooked. Food cold by mid meal. Not good value at any price point.

Nice lounge bar area with comfy sofas.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank hedgfud
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The hotel is well situated between the Menai Bridge and Holyhead. It offers comfortable, well equipped and value-for-money accommodation. The owners were friendly, helpful and welcoming. The restaurant was well run with orders being taken in the lounge bar and an invitation to go to the table once the food was ready - a nice touch.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Twofreespirits
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We found the owners and staff very helpful and welcoming. The property is attractive as you will see in the photos, and the rooms were well equipped. The breakfast was a step above a typical B&B offering. The location whilst inland is actually very convenient. It is close to the A55 which is a fast road to get to hollyhead or other parts of Wales, but you can't hear it from the hotel or see it. You feel like you are right in the middle of peaceful countryside and surrounded by charming old buildings. Excellent beaches are a 7-15 min drive (eg Newburgh beach, fabulous, unspoilt is about 7 min). also it is only about 15-20min to the north coast, so you can access all parts of the island. The downstairs lounge/bar area is very comfortable. The pics don't do it justice. This gives a nice place to go for a drink in the evenings and you can eat at the hotel also. My wife and I will certainly be back. Downsides? You are not on the beach so for an evening walk you need to drive. In practice we were out all of most days, so that was fine.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangefni
Tre-Ysgawen Hall, Country House Hotel and Spa
Trearddur Bay Hotel
Trearddur Bay Hotel
#1 of 2 in Trearddur Bay
Lastra Farm Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Nant Yr Odyn Country Hotel & Restaurant Ltd? Share your experiences!