The Anglesey Arms
Victoria Hotel(Menai Bridge)
US$113
US$99
Very Good 4/5
Gwesty Carreg Bran Hotel(Llanfairpwllgwyngyll)
US$114
Good 3.5/5
US$141
Very Good 4/5
Premier Inn Bangor Hotel(Bangor)(Great Value!)
US$101
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
US$121
Good 3.5/5
Travelodge Bangor Wales(Bangor)(Great Value!)
US$63
Travelodge
Very Good 4/5
Hotel Port Dinorwic(Y Felinheli)
US$128
Auckland Arms(Menai Bridge)
  • Bar/Lounge
Chateau Rhianfa(Menai Bridge)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsthe pubfish and chipsfunction roomsuspension bridgefamily roomlovely foodfew drinkstea and coffee making facilitiesan evening mealcar parkbridal suitehigh standardsunday lunchbeanssingle roombreakfast was excellentnorth wales
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Was looking forward to eating here as I heard great reviews.
Menu looked great and we placed our orders.

Unfortunately it took aaaaaages for the food to come out.
The waitress came after a while and asked if everything was ok.
Fine.

She later came to clear the table, took 3 plates (out of 7)...
20mins or more later she came to clear the rest and finally asked if we wanted anything else...
"no thanks - we're kind of past it now"

she lost sales for desserts and coffee...more fool her.

Food was great but service inefficient and slow.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
ezza600, General Manager at The Anglesey Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

I would love to speak to you directly to review your comments.
I am very sorry we did not meet with expectation on the day.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I visited The Anglesey Arms with a bunch of friends. We had food but I found the menu to be very fish oriented and found it hard to choose something for myself (not being a fish lover). I found the menu to be very pricey and more of a show piece on your plate than actual food.
As it was busy I found some staff could cope with the stress of a busy atmosphere but I also encountered some slightly rude waiting staff and one bar man. One member of staff called Hayley was very polite and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

I am shocked to find our menu didn't satisfy your needs and would love to know what you would have liked to see extra to the dishes there.
I would also like to know which meals you ate that were not of a satisfactory nature so we can either improve on them or increase their size.
As we have real chefs who cook locally sourced food it is essential any issues of this kind are dealt with by us in a detailed way.
as you will have noticed we have the saying ' if you enjoyed it tell everyone, if not tell us' in numerous areas around the building.
I look forward to speaking to you directly

Reviewed 26 June 2013

The staff were most welcoming, helpful and accommodating. The rooms although recently refurbished are first rate, clean modernised and with comfortable beds. The main bar/lounge area retained its character complete with a wood burning stove. The food and service in the bar/restaurant serving large portions is excellent. We would thoroughly recommend the Anglesey Arms at Menai Bridge for business trips or short stays or as a base for viewing the Snowdonia area. The one drawback is the stairs are steep for those less able!

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
ezza600, General Manager at The Anglesey Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

we all enjoyed your company for the period you were with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Sorry about the stairs to the rooms, but you never know maybe next year............................

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Have read some mixed reviews of this Hotel so decided to try it myself.Arrived about 12.30 ,car park very accessible,close to the entrance.A few tables outside for a more sunnier day.Probably around twenty other people eating or drinking and the decor is all relatively new ,so quite pleasing to see.No menus on the tables,I had to go and ask for one at the bar.One of the two girls on duty brought one over within a couple of minutes,handed them to us without a word and did not explain the ordering procedure at all.I went back the bar and ordered food and drinks and paid on order.The food came within ten minutes and was well presented and whilst not inexpensive offered reasonable value for money? A couple of slight gripes,I do not like dry bread,perhaps management could start to think about putting some sort of spread on their fish goujons muffin.! Also put bacon on the chicken and bacon ciabatta rather than the rind.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to see you enjoyed your visit.
I read your tips with interest as we used to butter our muffins until we got complaints about it.
We can always give you butter if you require it.
I am a little perplexed re your bacon comment as we only use locally supplied rindless back bacon.
If you would like to elaborate please feel free to contact me directly.

thanks again

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Would just like to say a massive Thank you to Eric, Ruth, Dale and all the team at the Anglesey for such a wonderful day. We had our daughters Christening her on the 16th of June and the day was perfect. The food was very well presented and everyone commented on how fresh and tasty it was. The function room was perfect with a private bar and nothing was to much trouble. If you are looking for a venue for any occasion I would highly recommend the Anglesey Arms. Thank you so much and you'll see us very soon from the Jones/ Martin family x

• Stayed: June 2013

It was a pleasure and an honour to be involved in your Christening day celebrations.

Hope hangovers day 2 weren't to heavy.