“Food Review Only.”
Review of The Anglesey Arms

The Anglesey Arms
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Menai Bridge
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The food is nice but poor value for money, as the ultra fancy plates they use have obviously been cleverly chosen to restrict the amount of food one can present on it, in other words, the portions are very small.

For the two of us .... a starter followed by a main course and one alcoholic beverage each and we were already up to £77.60p ..... we skipped the sweet!

Found it a little uncomfortable being asked if everything was OK every 10 minutes.
We would not go there again i don't think.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt W
ezza600, General Manager at The Anglesey Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

I am very sorry you didn't find your experience satisfactory.
I would love to discuss your experience with you directly especially to ascertain what were the poor value meals on the menu.
I am also perplexed as to how you were charged so much for your meals as I get to £52 as an average.
I look forward to discussing with you directly

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Had a birthday party here recently and would recommend it as a venue The staff were all friendly and attentive. We had also booked a room for the night, we had a lovely room at the front of the hotel which was large and very comfortable. Many guests commented on how helpful the car park attendant was.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your, which I have shown to the team.
It brought a smile to most of the teams faces especially Brian our car Park attendant, who is really an unsung hero.

Thanks again

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We went to The Anglesey Arms in Menai Bridge, as the prize for winning Bride of the Month, in a local paper. It was a very comfortable place to eat, for families as well as couples. The food was excellent and the staff were very friendly. The price was on par with a good eaterie.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and congratulations on your Bride of The Month Prize.

It is great to know you had a good evening with us.

we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Was looking forward to eating here as I heard great reviews.
Menu looked great and we placed our orders.

Unfortunately it took aaaaaages for the food to come out.
The waitress came after a while and asked if everything was ok.
Fine.

She later came to clear the table, took 3 plates (out of 7)...
20mins or more later she came to clear the rest and finally asked if we wanted anything else...
"no thanks - we're kind of past it now"

she lost sales for desserts and coffee...more fool her.

Food was great but service inefficient and slow.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

I would love to speak to you directly to review your comments.
I am very sorry we did not meet with expectation on the day.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I visited The Anglesey Arms with a bunch of friends. We had food but I found the menu to be very fish oriented and found it hard to choose something for myself (not being a fish lover). I found the menu to be very pricey and more of a show piece on your plate than actual food.
As it was busy I found some staff could cope with the stress of a busy atmosphere but I also encountered some slightly rude waiting staff and one bar man. One member of staff called Hayley was very polite and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

I am shocked to find our menu didn't satisfy your needs and would love to know what you would have liked to see extra to the dishes there.
I would also like to know which meals you ate that were not of a satisfactory nature so we can either improve on them or increase their size.
As we have real chefs who cook locally sourced food it is essential any issues of this kind are dealt with by us in a detailed way.
as you will have noticed we have the saying ' if you enjoyed it tell everyone, if not tell us' in numerous areas around the building.
I look forward to speaking to you directly

Reviewed 26 June 2013

The staff were most welcoming, helpful and accommodating. The rooms although recently refurbished are first rate, clean modernised and with comfortable beds. The main bar/lounge area retained its character complete with a wood burning stove. The food and service in the bar/restaurant serving large portions is excellent. We would thoroughly recommend the Anglesey Arms at Menai Bridge for business trips or short stays or as a base for viewing the Snowdonia area. The one drawback is the stairs are steep for those less able!

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
ezza600, General Manager at The Anglesey Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

we all enjoyed your company for the period you were with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Sorry about the stairs to the rooms, but you never know maybe next year............................

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Have read some mixed reviews of this Hotel so decided to try it myself.Arrived about 12.30 ,car park very accessible,close to the entrance.A few tables outside for a more sunnier day.Probably around twenty other people eating or drinking and the decor is all relatively new ,so quite pleasing to see.No menus on the tables,I had to go and ask for one at the bar.One of the two girls on duty brought one over within a couple of minutes,handed them to us without a word and did not explain the ordering procedure at all.I went back the bar and ordered food and drinks and paid on order.The food came within ten minutes and was well presented and whilst not inexpensive offered reasonable value for money? A couple of slight gripes,I do not like dry bread,perhaps management could start to think about putting some sort of spread on their fish goujons muffin.! Also put bacon on the chicken and bacon ciabatta rather than the rind.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to see you enjoyed your visit.
I read your tips with interest as we used to butter our muffins until we got complaints about it.
We can always give you butter if you require it.
I am a little perplexed re your bacon comment as we only use locally supplied rindless back bacon.
If you would like to elaborate please feel free to contact me directly.

thanks again

#3 of 5 in Menai Bridge
The Bulkeley Hotel
The Bulkeley Hotel
#2 of 4 in Beaumaris

Been to The Anglesey Arms? Share your experiences!