“Enjoyable experience ”
Review of The Anglesey Arms

The Anglesey Arms
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Menai Bridge
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

We were a table of 4 people my wife and 2 daughters, we arrived on Saturday about 5pm, they were very busy as 200 guests were about to decend on them for a wedding our service was excellent the food was good, and if I'm being critical it was underseasoned and the sauces for the steaks were a bit bland, However the rib eye steaks were fantastic, 28 day aged, and the best meat I've eaten in a long time, as I say, I'm being critical with the sauce but I would definitely recommend the steaks, my daughters had the stuffed aubergine a said they were delicious for starters, we had the ladies had fish cakes and I had the chicken livers, the presentation was good, homemade chips complimented the meal perfectly, I will definitely be back!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We recently celebrated our sons 21 at the Anglesey Arms, we live within 7 miles from the hotel and had stared the arrangements a few months ago. We took the hotel over from the Friday till Sunday as we had family & friends from Liverpool, Birmingham, London & Scotland all staying with us. From the very beginning the staff have been extremely helpful, a special thanks need to go to Ruth on reception and Andrew who were both always willing to help & Katie (we think) also all the staff who made our & all out friends weekend so enjoyable. The food & service excellent at all times .Everyone loved the local names of their rooms. Highly recommended for any function.
The Davies family, one again a big thanks

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank susan d
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We booked the Anglesey Arms for an overnight stay on returning from Ireland to break up the long journey home .The accommodation,decor and food was excellent and the friendliness of staff made our short stay very comfortable .

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights while walking/hiking the Isle of Anglesey Coastal Path. Single rooms are small especially the bathroom. Pub food was good here. The wifi didn't work in my room first two nights but did after I switched rooms. 106 room is by the fire door which is loud after it is shut each time. 109 I found warm maybe its over the kitchen. This place has some good assets thus the title of my review.

Room Tip: Don't bother with 109 or 106 rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

I live local, me and my girlfriend love eating out and trying new places!
We arrived at the hotel at 6.30pm and were very hungry, waitress came over 10 mins later and took our drink order. But couldn't take our food order as the kitchen staff were in a "meeting" for the next 20 mins, which we weren't happy about but decided to wait anyway.
20 mins passed the waitress came back at 7.10pm and said the staff are still in a meeting and prob will be for another 20 mins so it would be 8pm before we seen any food, that was it for me and my girlfriend we left hungry and having to pay £5 for a coke and coffee. Honestly what manager allows the kitchen staff to have a meeting during peak opening times. First impressions are everything for me and my girlfriend so we wont be going back there again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Keith R
ezza600, General Manager at The Anglesey Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Keith
I am very sorry that your evening was impacted in this way. During the period of the meeting the front of house staff had very specific instructions to pull the duty chefs from the meeting as soon as we got customers seated.
Please contact me directly as I would love to discuss with you
Kind regards

Reviewed 18 October 2013

On checking in, despite having requested a quiet room, we were shown to a room overlooking the busy roundabout on which the hotel is situated. My partner went to ask if we could have a quieter room and to be fair the young girl on duty showed us two alternative rooms but neither were as nice as the initial one we were shown and neither was any quieter so we decided to stay way we were. The room itself was large and very tastefully decorated with a very large ensuite bathroom similarly tasteful and the bed although only a double was extremely comfortable.

We ate in the hotel bar/restaurant in the evening and I have to say for the price the food was disappointing. I had the caramelised pork with mustard mash and carrots which consisted of two tiny chunks of pork (which did not look or taste as though any caramelisation had taken place!) and a meagre amount of mash at a cost of £15.95. A couple at the table next to ours complained about their meal and were offered a free sweet by the waitress but they refused and left saying they would not return.

For breakfast there was a selection of cereal, fruit juice, yogurts and croissants and a choice of various cooked dishes. I was however disappointed with the cooked breakfast as both the sausage and black pudding was extremely dry and had obviously been cooked some time in advance. I asked if I could have some marmalade for my toast but despite an extensive search on other tables and through various cupboards, the waitress was unable to find any? I have to say I have never stayed in a hotel which could not provide marmalade at the breakfast table!!

Whilst eating breakfast a couple were checking out with the manager/owner of the hotel who was enthusing about the refurbishment that the hotel has recently undergone. I would say to him that yes the rooms are extremely tasteful and comfortable but he still has a way to go with his food!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel so that you are not overlooking the main road/rounabout.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

I am very sorry you didn't enjoy your visit with us. I would love the chance to speak to you directly to get to the root of the issues you raised.
Kind regards

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Good location for Snowdonia and fresh ground coffee and cafetiere in the room...what more need I say?? Recommend booking at Dylan's restaurant across the road (tho judging by breakfast in the Anglesey Arms, dinner there would prob be good too!)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review.
We all look forward to you dining with us on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Menai Bridge
The Bulkeley Hotel
The Bulkeley Hotel
#2 of 4 in Beaumaris
Lastra Farm Hotel & Restaurant

Been to The Anglesey Arms? Share your experiences!