“saturday evening meal with family”
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #22 of 37 Restaurants in Menai Bridge
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
“saturday evening meal with family”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We booked the restaurant as it was a saturday night and when we arrived we had to wait about 5 mins for the table to be layed. Service was slower than it normally is and we had to wait a while for drinks and also for our starters. The food was good as it usually is, the only fault i had was the service was very slow.

• Visited June 2014

Menai Bridge, United Kingdom
“Customer Service Skills seriously lacking”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I have just eaten a lovely main course, having been, also, impressed initially by the complimentary poppadoms and accompaniments and the courteous and attentive waiting-on staff. And then came 'the incident with the dessert" ... I ordered the raspberry parfait, which was delivered to the table in double-quick time. Obviously a bought in pudding which had spent a considerable period of time languishing in the freezer, it had ice crystals still formed on top and was so hard it would have needed Europe's Strongest Man to have successfully retrieved even the smallest morsel. Not one to complain(!) I called over the young waiter, explained the problem and he took the offending confection away, only to return with the very same last course but now having spent an extra twenty seconds in the microwave. Still disgusting and inedible. When I asked for the bill, at the same time explaining that I did not intend paying (£4.95) for the dessert, I was immediately approached by one of the senior staff. This is where the lack of customer service skills became apparent - I was informed, in no uncertain terms, that ice cream should be frozen and that the clue is in the title. When invited to try the salmonella inducing pudding himself he declined, and the 'discussion' continued all the time until I had paid the bill(excluding the raspberry parfait). The senior staff member would simply not accept, or attempt to take on board, my argument and wanted the last word. My last words - "never darkening their door again".

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank gwerthwrtai
Rhosneigr, United Kingdom
“Superb in every way!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Although we had not booked on a very busy Saturday night, the staff were able to accommodate us within the half hour. The food was excellent - varied, hot and tasty and nothing disappointed. I was particularly pleased as there was lots of choice for my vegetarian needs. Everything is well priced.

Staff were attentive and very efficient without being obtrusive and the whole experience was most enjoyable. Although the restuarant was busy the seating arrangements ensured that we were comfortable and this really enhanced our whole experience.

Well done Taste of India - I will recommend and hope to return again and again.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Rhosneigr
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Lovely food!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Have been here many times on our visits to Anglesey and not had a bad meal here yet. Good service and good food.

Visited April 2014
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Glad we found this place!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stumbled across this restaurant over Easter and would definitely recommend! Service is excellent, staff very attentive. Our food was cooked quickly even though the restaurant was busy, and the chicken biryani and tikka masala we ordered tasted fantastic. Very fresh tasting food! Very glad we ate here.

• Visited April 2014