“fine food and service”

Cuisines: International, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Second visit to menai in 3 months wanted to eat here first time but fully booked. My wife and I ate on Tuesday evening and had an excellent experience. Food and service very good with a good vibe. Would recommend the pork cooked 3 ways. Will eat here again when in the area.

There are newer reviews for The Straits Restaurant

Reviewed 29 August 2013

As a regular diner we cannot recommend this establishment highly enough. Lucy and her staff provide an excellent service along with simply great food - we have never been disappointed and for this reason we recently booked a birthday party for 30 family members. The standard of food and quality of service was exceptional and is testament to their commitment in the provision of fine food and quality customer care.
Lucy and her entire staff went out of their way to make the evening a huge success. Absolutely brilliant !

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Ate here on 24/8/13 for a friends birthday,the food & service were excellent.I mentioned it was my friend's birthday and the waitress brought over a desert with candles for him which was a nice touch.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

What a busy place this restaurant is . We had a very nice meal , our only complaint was that we had to wait nearly an hour between out starter and main . It would have been much more enjoyable if the room had been decorated better , it really was like a café not a restaurant . The table next to mine well I could have eaten off this plate it felt that close , you could hear other peoples conversations . This is not good . I am not sure I would return for these reasons .

1  Thank grace0808
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Although the food is good the decor is so old fashioned and ' cafe like I wouldn't want to eat there again - it was lazy and old fashioned and really needs to be addressed - it's twenty
Years out of date