We were married at The Outbuildings in early July. The venue is a beautifully converted barn in grounds which show North Wales at its very best, commanding views over Snowdonia and out over rolling mid-Anglesey fields.
Every detail of the Outbuildings reflects investment in quality and attention to detail. The main hall’s wooden beams and stone fireplace contrast with huge windows and a light wood floor to create a delightful mix of rustic and modern. The decoration throughout shows thought and personality, a quirky but tasteful mix of colours and interesting artefacts and pictures in every nook and cranny. The four bedrooms are simple and classy, again showing creative use of colour.
Having been one of the first weddings to book at the Outbuildings, we worked with the owner and staff for over a year before the big day itself. They strove extremely hard to ensure a perfect experience, accommodating one request after another to make for a truly individual wedding day, an impression that is not always made in some larger, more commercial venues. They have clearly developed an excellent network of contacts across all the necessary extras (florists, suit hire, transport etc) and provided sound advice throughout, which was especially appreciated as we do not live locally.
As a venue for a summer wedding the Outbuildings is stunning, with the beautiful hall for the ceremony (or the option to use the balcony for smaller weddings), glorious lawn for the reception and option to have the meal in a marquee which is tastefully decorated and with lighting bordering on the extravagant. Equally having visited on some grey autumn days we could really see how the warmth and brightness of the décor would lend itself to a winter wedding as well.
Although our wedding breakfast was catered externally (as at the time we booked the chef hadn’t started), the food we ate at the Outbuildings (one dinner and two breakfasts) was excellent; tasty and fresh and using local ingredients.
Overall we had an wonderful wedding experience at the Outbuildings, had extremely positive feedback from our guests and found the B&B accommodation excellent. We would recommend it on all counts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the south-west corner of Anglesey, The Outbuildings provides luxurious and welcoming bed and breakfast accommodation. The setting is sublime - surrounded by tranquil farmland with glorious views of the Snowdonia mountains. Each of the five individually designed en-suite bedrooms has its own private outside entrance and includes a welcome tray with homemade cake or biscuits on arrival, small flat-screen televisions, iPod docking stations and WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Outbuildings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Outbuildings Hotel Menai Bridge
- The Outbuildings Island Of Anglesey/Menai Bridge