My husband and I stayed here for one night for our anniversary. It was a present, and we probably never would have discovered this place existed, had we not received this unique gift.
It's a little tricky to get to, but has a stunning spot. It's a converted barn with a few rooms on a bed and breakfast basis. However, we were not staying in the main building, we were staying in The Pink Hut. If you've been here or even driven past, you will know exactly what this is! It's literally a bright pink shed, on their grounds. It offers privacy from other guests, but there's no chance of any once you're inside! It is bigger than it looks on the outside, but there is still a lot of shimmying to be done to avoid bumping into any of the, frankly unnecessary, furniture. It's too small for anything longer than a one night stay, but certainly unique! The shower is a decent size and the bed very comfortable. I also liked having our own little outside table and chairs. I was concerned that we would have cooked had the weather been too hot, but I am sure it's very cosy in the winter with the wood burning stove.
We ate in the restaurant, which is odd in that there is no menu. The chef came out with canapés and suggested a three course meal which sounded lovely. We did over hear him offering different food to other guests; it works have been nice to have a choice! The food was lovely and breakfast the next day was a nice touch, as all guests sat together in the kitchen. Didn't see much from the owner, but the staff were very good.
Would go back, but would want to stay in a different room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the south-west corner of Anglesey, The Outbuildings provides luxurious and welcoming bed and breakfast accommodation. The setting is sublime - surrounded by tranquil farmland with glorious views of the Snowdonia mountains. Each of the five individually designed en-suite bedrooms has its own private outside entrance and includes a welcome tray with homemade cake or biscuits on arrival, small flat-screen televisions, iPod docking stations and WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Outbuildings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Outbuildings Hotel Menai Bridge
- The Outbuildings Island Of Anglesey/Menai Bridge