Gazelle Hotel
Victoria Hotel(Menai Bridge)
US$112
US$97
Very Good 4/5
Gwesty Carreg Bran Hotel(Llanfairpwllgwyngyll)
US$112
Good 3.5/5
US$139
Very Good 4/5
Premier Inn Bangor Hotel(Bangor)(Great Value!)
US$101
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
US$119
Good 3.5/5
Travelodge Bangor Wales(Bangor)(Great Value!)
Very Good 4/5
Hotel Port Dinorwic(Y Felinheli)
US$126
Auckland Arms(Menai Bridge)
  • Bar/Lounge
Chateau Rhianfa(Menai Bridge)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Great 4.5/5
The Anglesey Arms(Menai Bridge)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsmenai straitsstunning viewssteep stairsbangor piercar parkhalf termwindow seatwaters edgesteakthe main hotelfantastic locationmusselswell stocked barwarm welcomeevening mealcouple of nightslovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Ideally situated for exploring Anglesey and Snowdonia, and always a warm and caring welcome from Chris and colleagues, good food, and a friendly bar. Returning feels like coming home. And beautiful views across the Menai Straits to the mountains of Snowdonia.

Room Tip: Do choose a room in the front of the hotel, with a view of the mountains.
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My partner and 3 children recently had a brief stay at The Gazelle. When we arrived we were amazed at the location. The views across the Menai Straights were extraordinary through the picture windows. We ate wonderful food whilst taking in the views. The staff could not do enough for you, no doubt taking inspiration from Chris the co-owner whose enthusiasm for for your well being was infectious. He is able to do this as the other owner Andy makes sure the engine room runs smoothly. After dinner we spent time in the bar enjoying a few drinks. We soon got chatting to several regular overnighters who returned time and again - this has to be the best judge of this place. We retired to a good nights sleep in a lovely room with great bathroom and fantastic shower. We will be back! (although i'd better post the keys back i managed to leave with!)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve G
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Warm fun and friendly a must stay will stay again. If you want views you get them in abundance excellent accommodation and one of the best places to eat on the Island. Already booked for June. Chris, Andrew and staff will look after you all to well and the locals become your friends. Sit outside in the sun or in the bar and restaurant. The hotel is clean and tidy well kept the rooms are bright and airy with fantastic views of the straits and mountains. Boats come and go mooring available. Perfect base for that perfect stay on the Island. Thanks chaps see you soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

We came to the Gazelle for the first time in April, and will definitely be returning.

The staff were very welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. We had the steak and was cooked to perfection, as a party of four we all wanted it cooked differently and they didn't disappoint.

We enjoyed the food, drink and friendliness of all the staff especially the waitress Christine.

Would reccommend to everyone and look forward to coming again soon.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Delta R
Reviewed 3 May 2013

As this was our first visit to Wales I wanted it to be perfect and spent weeks touring the internet looking for somewhere. The day before we were to set off I still hadn't booked anywhere, so I looked through my phone and for some reason I had saved The Gazelle Hotel, so I dialled the number and booked to arrive next day. I hadn't a clue what I would find when I got there.
What we found was a little secret haven, tucked away down a wee hill at the edge of the water... and Chris... the friendliest most welcoming host you could ever hope for.
We were taking our little dog so our room was in the annexe, a lovely room, with a stunning ensuite shower room which even had a heated floor..and views to die for. I must mention all the interior design, which I adored, both in our room, and the main hotel, which I was told was all down to Andy the co-owner of the hotel. Nothing is too much trouble for any of them, I don't think I ate anything which was actually on the menu, as Chris kept suggesting different things I could have. We will definitely be going back, and I only hope that all the good reviews they are getting won't mean that they'll be fully booked when I want to go back. Every single person we encountered, all the staff, the other residents, even the regulars who popped in for a drink, showed us the famous Welsh hospitality and there was definitely a welcome in the valley at The Gazelle Hotel. Thank you Chris, Andy and all of your wonderful people. xx

2  Thank mm2211