Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
janen783
Manchester, United Kingdom

Excellent food

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Aug 2023
I have had meals at the Gazelle several times over the last few months. I have found the staff pleasant , surroundings clean and food excellent . I would have no issue in recommending the Gazelle as a great place to eat.
Trip type: Travelled with family
  • eDreams
1.8 miles from The Gazelle Hotel
    £162
    £180
0.8 miles from The Gazelle Hotel
Free parking
Welcome to Victoria Hotel.
2.0 miles from The Gazelle Hotel
  • Lol.travel
2.0 miles from The Gazelle Hotel
2.2 miles from The Gazelle Hotel
Free parking
Photos showing views and bedroom at the accommodation
  • Vio.com
    £135
  • Algotels
1.0 miles from The Gazelle Hotel
View more hotels in Menai Bridge
All reviews menai straits bangor pier car park a sea view room waters edge menai mussels amazing views fantastic food snowdonia mountains cooked to perfection sea bass tea and coffee lovely place chris gazelles anglesey menu
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 July 2023

Have stayed there before, in a dog friendly room, which was really good.
This time, arrived at 4:30 on a Sunday to be advised that the last orders in the dining room was 6:30. Lucky I got there early.
Right, the room is small, but has everything you require, double bed is fine, but one side pushed against the wall.
After I had dined, the Sunday Menu is a bit limited, but as I had had the fish and chips before, I thought I was on a safe bet. It was average, the chips appeared to the “end of day “special, fish was ok. I finished off with sticky toffee pudding and ice cream, the pudding was at best luke warm, the ice cream was very soft and not vert cold.

Now back to the room, my room was at the rear of the hotel, I went to bed early as I have been up since before 4AM and have driven over 250 miles. At 10pm the guests in the adjoining room came in, I could hear every word they said, the sound insulation in the bedrooms is abysmal, the wall separating the bedrooms appears to be a stud wall. I have poor hearing, I have two hearing aids, even with these removed I could hear my neighbors snore.
Breakfast, was served at 8:00, which is unusually late, but as I had dined there before and raved about the quality I was looking forward to it. Eventually the chef served breakfast, coffee was good, Orange juice good, but, ½ a mushroom? I know inflation and the cost of living has gone up, but ½ a mushroom. Toast was ok, but no jam or marmalade.
The location is brilliant, parking can be an issue, especially on Sunday, cars parked very inconsiderately.
Overall, I was impressed with the dog friendly room previously, but not so with room 7, it needs some remedial work. Lastly, the circular extension cable reel hooked onto the ‘wardrobe’ is not good, but you could claim it to be ‘art’..

I will be back in September, but in a dog friendly room..

Room tip: Try and avoid room 7
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ShiftZZ
Reviewed 10 July 2023

Small friendly hotel clean and unique with fantastic views, exceeded expectations, staff amazing a shout out for Sophie who went above and beyond, restaurant good and ate the 2 nights. The breakfast excellent quality served by cheerful staff.
We will be back

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2023

Great food, great view, great service, wonderful location and nothing was too much trouble! Relatives also stayed in the annex and the accommodation was reasonable and the breakfast excellent! This is a hidden gem - I have been all over the work but nothing beats the view from the Gazelle on a sunny day with the tide in!

Room tip: Sit back, relax and enjoy the view!
Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2023

Visited the restaurant Friday night. Arrived at 730 but told had to order by 745 as kitchen closing! Wanted a drink outside, but tables not very clean. Had one course each which we waited 40 mins for. Food above average but not much of it for the price. Husband had very few chips with scampi, I had 3 small potatoes 2 slithers of carrots and 1 slither of parsnip with my chicken. Daughter did enjoy her cajun chicken sandwich.It was a nice venue but despite other reviews food was disappointing. We may visit for a drink but won't return for food.

Date of stay: April 2023
Reviewed 16 April 2023 via mobile

Had a very good overnight stay here. The staff were all very pleasant and professional. The room was very nicely decorated and cosy and had an amazing view. We had an evening meal and breakfast, both were exceptional. We would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to returning later in the year.

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple