“A great find” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dylan's
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Menai Bridge
Price range: US$11 - US$44
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, British, Welsh
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, View, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“A great find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Leaving the Remembrance Day parade in Beaumaris we met a gentleman who recommended Dylan's for lunch and even provided directions. What a great find, over looking the water, lovely food (Cawl) and a good pint we enjoyed sitting outside in the sun. Staff were attentive and helpful. We will certainly be returning on our next visit to Anglesey.

Menai Bridge, United Kingdom
“What a Terrible Shame”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

My friends and I visit Dylan's frequently and I'm pleased to see that they have been progressively raising their standards after a rather shaky start when they first opened. I have no complaints about the food whatsoever. It's consistently good and the desserts are a real treat. Service has improved tenfold over the last six months. But unfortunately today they did themselves an enormous disservice.

Today with regards to the food, we enjoyed a faultless lunch. However, today (Sunday, November 10th) is Armistice Day. Not one of the six members of staff that we saw working front of house were wearing a poppy. The owner was also present during our meal and he wasn't wearing one either. Please don't embarrass yourselves by claiming that this was to avoid the risk of them falling in the food. The wearing of a poppy is a simple mark of respect.

After the sterling effort which was made to bring the Seafood Festival to Menai Bridge this summer, I have to say that I assumed that Dylan's had more of a social conscience.

I was wrong.

4 Thank Miss_Boreanaz
Jane E, Owner at Dylan's, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear BV Management,
We are generally grateful for Trip Advisor feedback – it is a really helpful tool for monitoring performance and for staff training. So when it comes to the quality of our food and service, the atmosphere in the restaurant and value for money, we take the feedback – good and bad and work with it.
I’m grateful to you for your positive feedback – the faultless lunch and tenfold improvement in service. Much appreciated. Thanks.
However, we don’t insist on our staff wearing poppies – this is no big deal. Some were wearing them on Armistice Day, some weren’t and the owners weren’t actually on duty that Sunday.
Please don’t confuse our informal approach to uniform and poppy wearing as in any way lacking respect or a social conscience – it’s odd that you would draw such a conclusion and we’d really appreciate if you withdrew those comments. If you’d like to know more about our Seafood Festival – or any of the other community activities we are involved in, please come and chat with us – we’d be delighted to talk you through them.
I hope that you get in touch.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Would definitely recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

We have just visited Dylan's for the first time. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and had great food and drink. Not to mention the fabulous views. Cracking menu with plenty of choice for all. Good food for children is always a winner, too. Serving some of the dishes in wooden crates was a bit different. Great choice of beers from an extensive list. Portions great and quality outstanding. Recommend the beetroot bourginion. Will definitely return!

“An unwavering favourite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

My first visit to Dylan's was for my birthday last year, and we loved it. Over a year later we still go back regularly; my husband says they make the best cheeseburgers - he is on a constant mission to find cheeseburgers that are fresh, tasty and don't cover up the fact they have been frozen with
enormous amounts of salt, and these ones taste gorgeous. The burgers come in a lovely box with your choice of chunky or skinny chips, and more recently even a lovely little side salad and small helping of homemade coleslaw. I am a massive fan of the pizzas, which are made with fresh dough, and have lovely, fresh, different toppings. I must admit I miss the 'sweet pizza' dessert, but they've just added sticky toffee pud and rice pudding to menu - both favourites of ours, and we fully intend to go one day having starved ourselves in order to sample them.

I've had mixed experiences with service at Dylan's. On my husbands birthday earlier this year it was very busy and cleaning away and bringing food took an awful long time considering we only had 4 main courses. On one occasion something (we don't know what) went wrong with my husband's burger and we had to wait longer for it; we weren't told there was a delay until the food finally reached the table, and on another (unluckily we were in a bit of a rush) the ticket got caught in the machine and food was late. On this last occasion, however, we were given a free garlic bread which was really lovely. On all occasions the staff were polite and friendly, and we didn't mind too much about the food delays (free food always a plus!)

One other thing some people find a problem with is lack of parking - however we have never had a problem parking close to the restaurant or right outside on most occasions, and there is a car park in Menai Bridge or parking along the high street as well.

We have family coming to visit soon and a trip to Dylans will definitely be on the cards, it has become our favourite restaurant and I am sure it will remain so for a very long time.

Dublin, Ireland
“Much improved”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

We went to Dylan's when it opened first and were mainly disappointed but it was nice to have somewhere more modern to go eat.

We have retuned many times but the last occasions on Saturday afternoon the food was sooo good. We ordered the plaice expecting a small piece but got the whole fish on the bone which was totally amazing - the nicest I've had in a long time. Pizza's and burgers are always great but this really topped everything and was so good I felt it deserved a write up.

Staff are always great and service is fast. The place is always buzzy and has a good atmosphere.