“Lovely helpful lady.”
Review of Bryn Aethwy B & B

Bryn Aethwy B & B
Ranked #1 of 6 Menai Bridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Really enjoyed our stay. Excellent place to stay. Got lost then found it at the top of the hill! Would recommend. Lovely views. fantastic hostess. Gave us lots of information on where to go for a wander and where to eat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
There are newer reviews for Bryn Aethwy B & B

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Found this B&B by accident and so glad I did, wonderful experience and very friendly hostess! I stayed in room 4 with a 4 poster bed and stunning views of the straits and the bridge. Breakfast equally great, highly recommend you try this one if you are in Anglesey!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our stay at Bryn Aethwy was lovely. We stayed 2 nights over Easter and we too arrived early just to drop off our bags and the room was not ready but we knew this as we had prearranged with the owner that we would check our bags in by noon and if not we would check in after 4pm. We had the four poster bedroom and as regulars to Anglesey we could not fault the view from our room of the Britannia Bridge. Elaine the owner was very friendly as was Missie the Pug who is adorable. We usually go self catering when in Anglesey and it is a long time since we have been to a B&B but I would definately go back to Bryn Aethwy. It is perfectly positioned for all the amenties in Menai and a good base to explore the island. Our room had a lovely bathroom with power shower and no shortage of hot water and was very clean and tidy. I loved the Laura Ashley decor and if I was being picky the only fault was that the four poster bed was quite creaky. Breakfast very good and the friendly hospitality made for a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014

It has to be the worst hotel/B&B I have ever stayed in. First impressions were it was tired, drab & old fashioned. On entering our room we were hit with a strong smell of bleach which wasn't very welcoming. There was a rather disgusting biscuit under the bed which had been left by a previous guest. There was no hot water for the duration of our stay and when my husband informed the lady about it her reply was "well luke warm water is better than cold". Our tv had no signal and again when informing the lady she said" well it's working fine in the next room". Not once did anyone come to our room to check on both the water situation or the television. Very, very disappointing stay which ruined our weekend experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Andie777
EGillBrynAethwy, Owner at Bryn Aethwy B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

I am truly sorry you were disappointed in your 1 night stay at Bryn Aethwy. You especially asked for a bath and that is why I gave you that room. Usually I get the 'wow' response to that bathroom............ It was most unfortunate about the lack of hot water and I am sorry I was flippant about the 'luke warm is better than cold!' remark. I immediately added ' I can get a plumber in' but your husband dismissed that with 'my wife wants a bath now.' I did give your husband instructions about the television regarding the 'source' being on TV and because he never came back to me I assumed that had worked. You arrived early (I ask for an after 4-00pm arrival unless pre-arranged with owner) so we were still working on your room hence the cleaning product 'smell.' I did thank your husband for telling me, adding that most Guests say nothing then I cannot put right something I do not know needs attention (sorry cannot remember now whether that was the water or TV) The Plumber came the morning you left and solved the problem. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Elaine Gill

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Great views from here and easy to get to. A lovely walk just across the road, to Church Island. I had a comfortable, cosy room & lashings of hot water in the bathroom. The breakfast was good with a variety of options.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Nell1954

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice positive review.
Elaine

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My stay ay Bryn Aethwy was excellent. The room was beautiful and, having been shown some of the other rooms, they are all equally lovely. The facilities were very good as were the breakfasts.
Most memorable however, was the hospitality. The Gills are the most helpful and caring hosts.
The views are stunning with plenty of tourist attractions very close to hand.
Thank you for a wonderful stay - I'll be back !!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are equally beautiful but the front rooms have the views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We had a super stay at this lovely B&B in Menai Bridge last September (am playing Trip Advisor catch up!). It is in a great location really easy to find and within comfortable walking distance of the town centre and the all the great pubs and restaurants. Our room was beautiful - really fantastic bathroom, just the most comfy bed and everything was spotless and really well appointed; in short a perfect base for exploring Anglesey. Elaine is a wonderful hostess, nothing is too much trouble and she really looks after all the small details to make sure you feel at home and leave wanting to come back (incl. a lovely box of chocs!) We would certainly not hesitate to recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
#3 of 5 in Menai Bridge
Eryl Mor Hotel
Eryl Mor Hotel
#3 of 5 in Bangor

Been to Bryn Aethwy B & B? Share your experiences!