“One of a kind”
Review of Bryn Aethwy B & B

Bryn Aethwy B & B
Ranked #1 of 6 Menai Bridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Friendly, warm and homely with lovely rooms. A one of a kind establishment with excellent hostess/proprietor. Not only did I find a very helpful and comforting note on door after a delayed 01:00am arrival but also a snack and drink for my long journey back home on departure. Though the Wi-Fi signal did not reach my room I enjoyed my afternoon downstairs in the lounge with Missie the Pug as company. Will definitely be back on my next Menai Bridge trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Bryn Aethwy B & B

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My experiences with B&Bs on Anglesey have been very good in the past - particularly in nearby Beaumaris where hosts are warm and bend over backwards to help guests, so my experience at this B&B was unexpected and sad.

Firstly, I do not know what type of boiler is being used in the B&B (I did ask but got no reply) but there was no hot water during my entire two-night stay. I mentioned this but was informed that it was warm enough. The room appeared to be well kept and clean on first inspection, but there was a serious lack of appropriate hoovering, particularly under the bed.

The breakfast was rather uninspiring and some of it, including the cereals and breads, were less than fresh. I was also disappointed and saddened to see that the owners of the B&B not only support the political party UKIP, but have a banner outside on the building facing the road, and stickers in the house. They also appear to hold branch meetings for Anglesey UKIP at the B&B itself. The owners of B&Bs have a right to express their political position, and I have a right to include such a forthright position in a review. But the owners should make this political engagement clearer prior to booking so that I am not forced into a position of having to give money to such people.

This is a fantastic area of Wales, and the B&B is well situated, but the prices charged are too high for the quality of the rooms and the breakfast offered. Thankfully, there are many wonderful hotels and B&Bs close-by.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank SeamusBeoirgra
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Warm and friendly greeting on arrival which extended throughout our stay. Room was very clean and comfortable with plenty of hot water and towels. The bed was very comfortable with clean fresh linen. Breakfast was excellent with such a wide and varied choice, from cereal and toast (brown or white) to full cooked breakfast. With excellent views of the Menai Straits the host Elaine was very helpful and informative of places to visit and things to do. Location is excellent for exploring Anglesey or the Welsh coast and mountains. There are at least half a dozen good restaurants within walking distance including Chinese and Indian and also a couple of pubs serving food. We would recommend this bed and breakfast and would happily stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Rodger M
Reviewed 4 May 2014

When we arrived the hostess appeared very helpful, offering us a choice of room and expressing concern that a previous occupant had complained about the lack of hot water. We chose this room as we wanted a bath (very nice roll top and large bathroom) and were assured that a plumber had checked the hot water. However, the water wasn't very hot and the bath needed topping up with water from the kettle! The code for the Wifi didn't work. At breakfast the next morning I was served a croissant with mould which I found very distressing as I had already started to eat it. Her response was that she would check the others and she offered me another one. I thought she would at least apologise and offer us some form of compensation but neither were forthcoming. When we checked out an hour later she wasn't there and my husband paid what he felt was fair. I notice a previous visitor also complained about mouldy bread.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank carolsinger
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Really enjoyed our stay. Excellent place to stay. Got lost then found it at the top of the hill! Would recommend. Lovely views. fantastic hostess. Gave us lots of information on where to go for a wander and where to eat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Found this B&B by accident and so glad I did, wonderful experience and very friendly hostess! I stayed in room 4 with a 4 poster bed and stunning views of the straits and the bridge. Breakfast equally great, highly recommend you try this one if you are in Anglesey!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our stay at Bryn Aethwy was lovely. We stayed 2 nights over Easter and we too arrived early just to drop off our bags and the room was not ready but we knew this as we had prearranged with the owner that we would check our bags in by noon and if not we would check in after 4pm. We had the four poster bedroom and as regulars to Anglesey we could not fault the view from our room of the Britannia Bridge. Elaine the owner was very friendly as was Missie the Pug who is adorable. We usually go self catering when in Anglesey and it is a long time since we have been to a B&B but I would definately go back to Bryn Aethwy. It is perfectly positioned for all the amenties in Menai and a good base to explore the island. Our room had a lovely bathroom with power shower and no shortage of hot water and was very clean and tidy. I loved the Laura Ashley decor and if I was being picky the only fault was that the four poster bed was quite creaky. Breakfast very good and the friendly hospitality made for a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
#3 of 5 in Menai Bridge
Eryl Mor Hotel
Eryl Mor Hotel
#3 of 5 in Bangor

Been to Bryn Aethwy B & B? Share your experiences!