“3 night stay”
Review of Bulkeley Arms

Bulkeley Arms
Ranked #4 of 6 Menai Bridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Booked to stay for two nights but added another night . This is a pub with 3 rooms which have recently been decorated to a very high standard . The bathroom although spotlessly clean is dated but is about to be upgraded .
Good parking at rear of pub which is a bonus in Menai Bridge .
The landlord is a great bloke with a wicked sense of humour and cooks a great breakfast .
The walks along the water front at Menai not to be missed .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Ninetytwo, Owner at Bulkeley Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you for your kind words Brenda, I am extremely pleased you enjoyed your stay and was a confidence booster you asking to stay another night, after what I feel like grossly unfair reviews. Hope to see you both again.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I have never written a review before and do it now to help others avoid this establishment. Food service terrible, orders for myself and table next to me were completely incorrect. Single room there were hairs all over the bathroom floor and the bathmat in the shower obviously hadn't been moved whilst they cleaned. The walls are paper thin so I barely got any sleep because of a noisy couple next door. I had to leave for work at 7am and was actually locked in! I had to ring from my mobile to get out, not ideal if there'd been a fire. Staff where I'm working today said it has a poor reputation locally.

Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Alicurran
Ninetytwo, Owner at Bulkeley Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for your review, I was informed that the food service was not up to par during your stay, however as I mentioned to you I had a new member of staff working that day and he had made many errors with the food ordering, inexcusable I know but he will receive further training. But I understand the matter was sorted at the time.

Finding hairs all over the bathroom floor is a first on me as I know my cleaner pays meticulous attention to cleaning, I also have a keen eye for detail, I checked the room and found the bathroom to be spotless and the shower mats are lifted daily.

With regards to the noisy occupant in the adjoining room, which you made me aware of and I immediately addressed, as you left before breakfast you missed their apology.

I was aware that you wished to leave at 7am and was making my way downstairs to let you out, when you rang stating you were locked in. I didn’t mind waiting a further 5 minutes while you got the rest of your things from your room!! Incidentally if there had been a fire I would like to think you would use the fire exit which was immediately outside your room.

No idea who the staff are that you were working with, obviously have not been to the premises for several years, the premises actually has an excellent reputation.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We arrived earlier than expected to a warm welcome
our room was the twin room very clean with plenty of room
We found the landlord (Mal) to be a fantastic host nothing was too much all we needed for was provided
We will defiantly be returning

1  Thank Carl P
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I spent one night at the Bulkeley Arms as part of a motorcycling trip around North Wales, I could not fault the place, The bedroom was small but perfectly adequate, spotlessly clean with a large en suite shower and toilet. I spent a pleasant time in the pub in the evening where the atmosphere was exceedingly warm and friendly and after a sound nights sleep I went down to an excellent "Full English" complete with a great black pudding. I will definitely be going back again soon.

2  Thank neil_h_r
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We are staying here visiting family. This place should not be allowed to market itself as a hotel - music is so loud it is like trying to sleep in a nightclub. I'm sure it's great for a night out but that is not what we have come for and you simply cannot cater for both. Avoid if you actually want to sleep.

2  Thank Helenheh502
Ninetytwo, Owner at Bulkeley Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for taking time to provide a review, I noticed that you booked your accommodation through laterooms.com

Please see the description of this INN on the laterooms booking page.

Nowhere does it state that this is a hotel, Pub/Inn yes, and it also clearly states that the premises gets extremely busy, with loud music.

If however you feel that the description provided is lacking or inaccurate please feel free to contact me, in order for me to improve on it, thank you.

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed on the weekend room was really nice and the staff were very helpful. Had the breakfast in the morning the young chef was very professional.ijust won't ed egg on toast and my partner had a full English it was very good. Will be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Ninetytwo, Manager at Bulkeley Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Than you for taking time to review the Bulkeley I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Menai Bridge
#2 of 4 in Beaumaris
Harbour Hotel
Harbour Hotel
#3 of 3 in Cemaes Bay

Been to Bulkeley Arms? Share your experiences!