“Absolutley shocking!!”

Anglesey Model Village & Gardens
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We paid £9.50 for a family ticket, geat price I thought...Took 5 minutes to walk around. The bushes were overgrown, the model buildings needed maintaining, the place was dirty and unloved.
The tiny train ride for the kids was the best (50p) but after 1 ride they got bored and wanted to leave. Would not recomend to an enemy!

2  Thank WelshBajan

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We took our family (four adults and two children) as a 'treat' to this venue, in short I wish I hadn't! The tourist board should be ashamed of its description of the village! £15.50 to walk round models hidden by foliage that needed cutting back, Sorry Anglesey you can do better!

1  Thank TriBri2013
Reviewed 11 August 2013

If you are bored and it is raining, save yourself some money, do not go inside, just play in the puddles in the car park. This is the most dismal excuse for a model village ever built. It is has not been updated for a decade and is a gathering of toys recycled from a car boot sale. It is years and years since the model houses saw any paint and this place screams out how little the owners care. I travel to Newborough frequently and am amazed at how many visitors I see going in. Not surprised it is up for sale - roll on new management who just might give a monkeys.

2  Thank Robbie K
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

I have been here two years ago with my children and now it is basic and a fairly brief attraction. Never the less we thought we might pop in on our way to the beach.

I enquired as to the prices at the front kiosk and greeted by a scowling woman who was both dismissive and arrogant.

I vote with my feet and despite my children saying they still wanted to go in ee left. Glad I did having read the latest reviews.

No wonder the place is going under and it is such a shame as itis not typical of this beautiful island....but there is always a bad apple in the barrell and based on our encouter today this one is rotten.

1  Thank Sammy8921
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Thought we'd give it a try as people's perceptions on what is a good attraction really differ however I wish I had listened to the other poor reviews. It was dirty, the ''landscaping'' was an overgrown unloved mess and the ''famous landmarks'' were mainly local garages / shops - poor! The toilets were very smelly & unclean, the ''cafe'' was a counter with a few grubby chairs & tables, £3 for a pot of tea served with dirty cracked crockery & the play area amounted to one slide and 2 swings. The little train was the best thing for the kids but that was all it. Even stretching out the visit we were done in 40 mins and the owner is rude and shouted at my son for picking up a badge that he wanted to buy and told him to 'put it back unless you are buying'. Dreadful, felt sorry for my 3 & 6 year old for getting them excited about going

2  Thank pickers086