“Great food, great location”
Review of The Seacroft

The Seacroft
Reserve with OpenTable
The Seacroft is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$8 - US$32
Cuisines: Pub, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food, great location”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend brought me here late one Friday afternoon when the sun was shining and all you could hear from the terrace were the birds singing. It's a beautiful setting, and if you're there for the calm before the storm then you won't be disappointed.

The menu reads better than your average pub grub, plenty of choices for those not into red meat - so it was a great first impression to not be forced into picking the token spinach cannelloni!
I ordered the pan fried chicken and my boyfriend had the venison steak - both were beautifully presented and tasted amazing.

It may be more expensive than the other restaurants nearby, but you get what you pay for. I'll definitely return.

2 Thank jobykins

Preston
“The menu reads well, but our food was average quality, and vastly to expensive.”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We ate here last year, and enjoyed the experience, so we called again today for lunch. It really is a lovely place to be, and today was sunny, so we dined outside on the terrace. The staff are really nice and friendly, and the food arrived quickly. Reading the menu leaves you spoiled for choice, and there is something for everyone, whether or not you eat meat and/or fish. Prices are expensive, but we have always said, we don't mind paying, if the food justifies the price, but it didn't. I had the fish and chips at £12.95, the chips were out of this world, the tartar sauce was very nice but the batter on the fish was very soft (moist in fact), I like it crisp, so that could be put down to my personal taste, but the 'crushed peas' were very very dry. Presentation however, was good, and the portion sizes were generous. I can't see how they can justify the prices, for average food, which lowers my value for money rating, I have enjoyed finer fish and chips wrapped in paper. It really is a shame, as it really is a lovely place to eat, but not for us again.

• Visited May 2014
Keswick, United Kingdom
“You have to eat here”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Wow,wow,wow...... You have to try this place. One word "awesome" staff fantastic, food fantastic, the place it's self fantastic. Give it a go its worth it!

Visited May 2014
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
“Very nice.”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My daughter and I popped out with no particular destination in mind and found ourselves at the Seacroft. For £20.80 we had tea, lemonade, two sides, one main course and one desert.

The food was nicely prepared and my side order of chips was a pleasant surprise because they were 'real chips' -all different sizes, hot, crispy and lightly sprinkled with Anglesey Sea Salt.

Inside the restaurant is modern and pleasing but the outside is looking a little tired, don't let this put you off.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank GemAlfie
Wales
“Best on Sundays”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Last Sunday, we ambled in, ordered at the bar, sat down and had a great meal, looked after by the lovely Ashley at the bar. It is the only place we have been locally recently with clean tables and menus! Food was 2 for 1 and so, with drinks, our bill was under £20 - amazing value for really good food. By today, however, everything had changed. We again walked in, but missed the small greeting desk at the door and were horrified to be called back to be told we couldn't sit where I had headed (residents only) but had to wait at the bar while others, also locals and non-residents, who had since arrived at the now manned desk, were seated (in the area we hadn't been allowed to sit!). We were given a table, but it was behind the greeting desk with fast-moving elbows flying past and we just felt like a nuisance so ate elsewhere. Again, bar staff were great and accepted my apology for assuming my seat, but the guy showing people to their seats seemed very annoyed! Perhaps it had been a busy shift. Best avoided on Saturday afternoons!

• Visited March 2014