“Catching the ferry” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trearddur Bay Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Trearddur Bay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Trearddur Bay
Willenhall, United Kingdom
“Catching the ferry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

This was a lovely friendly hotel and with great food and only 10 mins from the ferry in Holyhead. Wished I could have got there earlier to have had time for a walk as it's right by the sea. The beds are sooooo comfortable

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

just back from one night stay at this lovely hotel.beautiful location very relaxing,food in restaurant very good,great breakfast and lovely helpful staff would have liked to stay longer,next time will also dog friendly which is great,will be back with our dog,

Room Tip: rooms with balconeys and sea views
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon D
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

By chance we fell upon the Trearddur Bay Hotel. During our week's stay we ate at the restaurant on 6 consecutive nights, because we found it to be so good. The food was awesome and the waiters and waitresses were very helpful. Amy was a nice waitress and very friendly to our little niece, who took to her.The barman would have our drinks lined up ready by the 3rd night!!!!The whole ambience of the place is wonderful. The Maitre D', namely Antonio, was a brilliant host. He is from Mexico and he has a wicked sense of humour which made us feel very welcome. When Antonio was off duty, Jenny was an equally good Maitr D'.This hotel is not to be missed if you are in the area. We will definitely be going back when we are in Anglesey next.

England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Have just come back from a holiday cottage in Trearddur Bay and went every day to the hotel to have a drink and relax either inside or out when it was sunny. We loved the Inn and the conservatory and contemplated booking into the restaurant for a special meal on our last night- thank goodness we didn't! One lunchtime we tried the bar meals- scampi, steak and ale pie- the scampi was ok but the chips were the sort which leave bitty scraps on the plate. My husband took one mouthful of his steak pie and said 'just taste this'- unbelievably (unforgivably) it had tomato in the sauce- yuk! He did go on to eat it because the steak was tender and it was less tomatoey in the dish; however I did tell the waitress because although I don't like complaining I wasn't going to lie to her. She said she would mention it to the chef but didn't bother to get back to us.We agree with other reviewers re the mediocre, overpriced food especially as the menu boasts of its locally sourced ingredients!! You expect more for a tenner than frozen stuff- and frozen chips are lazy at any time. It's such a pity because it presents as a high-class establishment! Come on Mr General Manager, get it sorted!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jax07
Norfolk, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

We booked this hotel very last minute as my Husband had a business meeting and I decided to go with him. We were given a huge family room in the Tower even though there was only the two of us. The main bedroom had a double bed, a single bed, sofa, table, chairs and Tv and large windows overlooking the coast. There was a seperate bedroom with bunk beds which we didn't use and a huge bathroom. As the weather was very cool and showery we were glad that we were able to put the central heating on to dry both ourselves and our clothes after getting caught in a heavy shower. We ate at The Inn at the Bay in the evening. It was lovely to sit in the conservatory area and look at to sea but the food was typical 'pub grub' and not very inspiring. The nachos to share were just ok and I had to leave the sausages in my sausage and mash as they were so salty. Breakfast the next morning in the restaurant was much better and again the staff were so cheerful and helpful. I had the swimming pool to myself in the morning and the water was just the right temparature for a long swim. I was allowed to keep on the room for an extra hour at no extra cost and no-one tried to rush me out of the bar after I had finished my lunch and was waiting for my Husband to get back. The coastline is beautiful around here and I would love to go back to this hotel if I could guarantee good weather.

Room Tip: Try and get a sea view room
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Bolton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

We came here last year and, just like this year, it was packed and the service was with youngsters, rushed off their feet.

This is your usual microwaved, mass-produced, tasteless pub-grub at the usual over-inflated prices. I had steak and ale pie which was bland to say the least, two other adults had 'gammon' which was actually a slice of ham. We ate with 4 adults and 2 children under 5, we all had one drink and a main and didn't get much change from £70. Won't be going back again next year!

1 Thank RecliningBuddah

Travellers are raving about these Trearddur Bay hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Very disappointed with the pub this year. We arrived, found a table and went to place our orders. The girl serving us did not look at us and simply barked 'OK' when she was ready to take the order. She did not use please or thank you once. As her manager appeared alongside her I thought things might improve, but they did not, which I think says a lot about the expectations on staff. The manager also swore openly in front of myself and other customers. The food arrived quickly and was nice but I do feel the portions could be larger. Its a massive shame the customer service is so poor.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Lastra Farm Hotel & Restaurant
Trecastell Hotel
Trecastell Hotel
#2 of 3 in Amlwch

Been to Trearddur Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!