“Inn at the Bay - needs managing properly”

Trearddur Bay Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Trearddur Bay
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Booked a table on Sunday of May Day Bank Holiday weekend at the Inn at the Bay. The bar area and seating area outside were very busy but mainly with drinkers (4pm). We then had to wait 55 minutes for our meals to arrive which I think is extremely poor. I appreciate it was a holiday weekend (as was the excuse given to us) but I don't think waiting almost an hour is acceptable. During the (long) wait I had a wander around and found that most people were just drinking and had not ordered food so I can only assume that the delay was caused somehow by the kitchen. The food, when it did arrive was okay, nothing special, and wasn't really worth the wait. Some of the staff were very friendly and helpful (special mention for Hannah who served us) but some of them looked as if they really didn't want to be there. After a short while, neither did I. I live quite near to this hotel and don't visit very often as each time I've been I've never been impressed. This hotel has a superb location and there is very little other choice in the area, it really should, and could, be something special, but unfortunately it still has a long, long way to go.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank arandas3

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Back at the lovely T Bay again, arrive at my room after a hard day traveling and teaching, to find it's not been serviced fully but the night porter couldn't be more helpful and apologetic. Room 40 is bright and airy and away from the main hotel, and joy of joy has an old style bath that is designed for someone that is over three feet tall. The view is poor as it faces the swimming pool and not the sea but the room is well laid out and comfortable. Breakfast is a joy with warm friendly and efficient service. The evening menu sounds great but fails to deliver to expectations. I go for the best steak on the menu which should should, if aged as described should be fantastic, however what I am served is a price point conscious offering lacking in flavour and anything to tempt me to eat there again except when I am feeling too lazy to go elsewhere. T bay has a view from many of its rooms that is hard to equal and staff that are fantastic, the rooms generally good, very good, or great. The fact that the beach and bay is just across the road make morning or evening strolls so easy and effortless even at my laziest I find it hard to resist. I stay here at least 8 times a year when I teach in the area and now the Waterfront restaurant has opened again across the road, with Dale the head chef from the Little Italy restaurant across the Island, there is great food on the doorstep.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view or an upgrade the staff are great and will try their best. I like the separate anne...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank TravelingTeacher65
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel is wonderful. The rooms are beautiful, everywhere is so clean and the service is fantastic, the food is absolutely delicious. There is a lovely indoor heated swimming pool.I cannot fault it at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Called for a sandwich for lunch, and the menu seems nice, but a tad expensive. We were the only eaters, and we sat outside with the dogs, noticing the hotel was looking tired. Our food arrived quickly, I had a hot beef ciabatta, my Wife had a hot halloumi ciabatta. They were both served with a tiny salad (albeit very fresh), no chips (although you can add them at extra cost), and really were average quality. However they were £8.00 each, which is the cost of a reasonable main course elsewhere on the Island. We won't be going back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I am writing as very surprised by previous comments We had a lovely 2 night stay for a walking weekend
The hotel has been attentively refurbished with nice touches and a comfy bed The bathroom was great
We had dinner both nights with very pleasant staff delicious food and large portions
Would definitely recommend if you are staying in the area

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Globalfi
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I live in the bay and get more and more demoralised every time I visit! Slovenly staff discussing nights out etc below average food at above average prices not good at all as complaints just fall on deaf ears!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank terrey c
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Called in over Easter weekend ordered a chicken wrap and fries £8 50 when it came it would not of fed a child the salad came in. Ram akin dish and the wrap was the size of a child's hand awful for the price we complained but manager on break what a surprise really is annoying that hotels get away with it we paid but would not go back we go to Anglesey every Easter lots of other places expensive but at least reasonable portion

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
The Anglesey Arms
The Anglesey Arms
#4 of 5 in Menai Bridge
Lastra Farm Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Trearddur Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!