“Poor food, even worse customer service”
Review of The Bay Cafe - CLOSED

The Bay Cafe
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Been here before with the family and it was fine. Not amazing but fine. Visited again recently and it was extremely busy. Service was ok. Ordered breakfasts all round, one being vegetarian. Sauce condiments on the table were house in a Heinz display, however the sauces were clearly not Heinz. Most frustrating. So much so, my son put ketchup on his breakfast. As he wasn't use to the taste of cheap sauces he couldn't eat his food. Beans, again, cheap alternative. The worse part was the sausages, they contained a thick skin, almost like a jacket potato. When paying for the food, which had hardly been touch, I refused to pay for the sausages. I was prepared to just walk out and not pay at all but my wife insisted we pay for our food excluding the sausages. As I informed the young girl of my intentions she past my thoughts onto the lady cooking, I assume the owner. She replied to the girl that she was to charge me full price. Before giving me chance to explain why the decision had been made. I saw this as extremely rude. I confirmed again that I am not paying, this time the lady came over to the counter and said that no one else had complained. I responded that maybe other customers were too polite - to which she replied "Don't be so stupid!". I must say, it's been quite a number of year since I was last called stupid, and it was most probably off my parents whilst attempting to put a put my finger in a plug socket.

Not all cafe/resturants/pubs are to everyones liking, complaints come in all different manners relating to many areas of a business - it how the establishment deals with the complaints. If she apologised for the poor sausages, and explained it's possibly down to the fact they are so busy, I would have been back with my family of 5 first thing the next day and forgot all about. But publicly being called stupid has now resulted in me relying this story to everyone I meet in Trearddur Bay, and as I have a caravan there and we visit almost every weekend, thats ALOT of people. Not to mention a review on here.

Entertaining to reflect back on now, but as a customer I've never been more insulted.

5  Thank Daniel M