Holt Lodge Hotel
US$117
US$111
Priceline
US$168
All reviewsafternoon teasandwichesbeefsunday carverysoupwaiting on staffthrough grouponmain roadcooked to perfectionbooked a tablenice rooman overnight stayan evening meallovely foodthe ground floorplenty of parkingone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Had excellent afternoon tea for two today. Great afternoon tea and service. Front of house superb!!! Lovely friendly staff for whom nothing seemed too much bother.just like many reviewed had our bubbly immediately but could have chosen to have it later. The food arrived almost right away and there was plenty of choice. Great choice, nice sandwiches, cake and scones very fresh and tasty. Plenty of our tea,which wa served in a choice of china mug or china cup and saucer. Really nice touch. Definately back soon with my husband. Glad we found the voucher thanks Holt Lodge.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I reserved two rooms for the 10th of May when i rang up i April I had £60 taken as a deposit and a reservation letter was sent to me confirming the date of 10th May, when I arrived I was told as you did not come yesterday the full amount of money has been taken from your account my reaction was why when my booking was for the 10th they insisted it was for the 9th so i placed the letter on the desk that confirmed the booking was for the 10th May the lady said I was the one who sent that letter and it is for the 10th, I will see if we still have any rooms My reaction was i hope so i have driven here from, Somerset we were given two rooms but it was a very bad start to our stay and put a damper on our visit we booked a table for 6 o clock for a carvery but by 6..30 we were fed up of waiting two couples walked out they had waited longer than us i asked why the delay and was told the veg is being reheated i will find somewhere else to stay if i visit Wales again

Room Tip: Make sure you keep all your booking letters and maybe double check
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pandora10
richard1982, General Manager at Holt Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Sir,

Firstly can I apologise for the mistake made with your booking. A new head receptionist, Karren, has been appointed to ensure that such errors do not happen again.

I have also passed on your comments to the restaurant staff who are fully aware how important it is to ensure that our customers receive excellent customer service at all times and on this occasion we did not deliver.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Had sparklie afternoon tea for two today. What a treat. Lovely friendly staff for whom nothing seemed to be a bother.We had our bubbly immediately but could have chosen to have it later. The food arrived almost right away and there was plenty of filling in all of them. The scones and cakes were all very fresh and tasty. We had top ups of our tea,which wa served in a choice of china mug or china cup and saucer. How good is that? I will try and go again soon with some more friends.Well done Holt Lodge.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank desiree m
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Just returned from a lovely afternoon tea at Holt lodge. Bought it through groupon as a Mother's Day present for my mum , well worth the money , lovely fresh sandwiches , plenty of cakes and fresh hot coffee. The lady that served us was very friendly and nothing was too much trouble , lovely hotel will definitely be returning . Thankyou for a lovely afternoon x

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 33Rach12
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Bought an afternoon tea deal on groupon for a Mothers Day treat. Was awful and very mis- leading from the groupon description. The cakes were a big let down. One shop bought small slice of carrot cake cut in two, like the ones you would buy a pack of 5 from a supermarket! Also one shop bought slice of malt loaf again cut into 2 and a small scone again the shop bought pack of 5 you can buy from the supermarket. No home made cakes or scones. Tea for 2 served in a teapot, only enough for 1 cup each, served in a mug!. We had our afternoon tea on a sofa in the bar area. The place was deserted. I wonder why!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family