“perfect”

Price range: US$8 - US$34
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our restaurant was opened by the new owner in mid September 2015 with an exciting head chef, fantastic team both front of house and in the kitchen. We are offering both lunch and dinner meals and traditional Sunday roasts as well as specials. Come join us for food or just a drink in our lounge area and see what delights we have to offer.
Reviewed 31 May 2011

had a fantastic meal there food looked and tasted wonderful.
will be eating there again staff were very nice and views were amazing

1  Thank eric186233

Reviewed 23 December 2010

We called in for lunch mid week with our two children. We sat in a lovely window seat overlooking the fantastic view. Our meals were great, the food was very fresh and they obviously use quality ingredients. The restaurant were very accommodating with the children's meals, offering food on offer to adults in small portions at half the price.
The staff here are also very friendly, we really can't fault this place and when we are in the area again would definitely return.

Reviewed 29 November 2010

We had a really good time at the Clwyd Gate. This newly refurbished restaurant has a nice atmosphere and fantastic views over the Vale of Clwyd. The food is excellent and the service friendly. I had the scallops for starters which were really delicious and the fillet steak I had as main meal was was tasty. My only reservation was that the steak which I had ordered medium rare was a little too rare, but otherwise this was an excellent night out.

Reviewed 18 November 2010

Booked 4 weeks in advance for special family meal. I am 99.9% certain that there were no other bookings in the reservation book when I called in personally to make booking. On the night we were shown through the buzzing restaurant and put in a curtained off function room and were there on our own, so did not enjoy the atmosphere that the other guests had in the main part of the restaurant. I did not say anything on the night as it was obvious that the restaurant was full, so moving was not an option but I wrote to express my disappointment with our seating over 3 weeks ago and I have still not even had an acknowlegement from them. I did not mention in my letter that I spent over £300 that evening - but I will now!

M. Evans Corwen

Reviewed 29 September 2010

went recently for first time since it opened after closing down.
we went to the older one and it was quite good except at the end it was running down.
expected high results from the new one and was disappointed, we were met at the entrance and shown to our table. the noise of the back ground music was far too loud and the noise of children was also distracting. dont misunderstand me , we know children have to go somewhere, my partner has daughters and grandchild and we understand their needs. but this was over the top.
we asked if we could have a two course meal but were told we could but would still
have to pay for three.
then offered a single course lunch for £12.95. if was alright but not fantastic.
the result is that we will not go again as there are very many other places giving far better value for your money

3  Thank stanlpool