“Excellent property, great stay and very hospitable hosts.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tywyn
The Arthur Guest House
Ranked #2 of 10 Tywyn B&B and Inns
Western Australia
“Excellent property, great stay and very hospitable hosts.”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I stayed at this wonderful property for two nights and had a faultless stay from start to finish, accompanied by terrific and hospitable hosts.

The property is located on the seaside, with parking available outside (on the road) or behind on the premises. Upon arrival I was assisted by one of the owners with my bags and ushered up to my room instantly to relax / freshen up etc. The owner explained everything about the room, their facilities and breakfast arrangements, including the honesty bar area which included soft drinks, ice creams and sorbets.

My room was located on the second floor via an average size staircase which incidentally is well lit up by sensor activated lights rather than the standard ‘on all night’ lighting. It didn’t overlook the seaside as it was facing the rear of the property (overlooking the rear of the property and a small activity park – mini golf, putting golf, quoits, table tennis and tennis) but that didn’t bother me and assured a quieter stay (no external street noise etc.). It contained a large, comfortable double bed with two bedside tables and headboard mounted lamps, a small table used for the coffee / tea station, a collapsible luggage rack, a large wardrobe (with coat hangers), a small flatscreen TV and an accompanying DVD player (with a large range of DVD’s freely available in the hallway) and a sitting chair. (NB: No telephone or refrigerator [a standard omission from the majority of accommodation properties], but a guest fridge was located in the bar area.) Free Wi-Fi was also available with a strong signal. The only minor flaw with the room was the venetian blind that covered the window, as this lets in a fair amount of light in the morning and (I feel) could do with another curtain to assist it.

The ensuite was clean, a bit on the small side but functional without being neither cramped nor constrictive, and contained the basic toiletries, a toilet, vanity sink with mirror and a shower. This was a bit small but large enough to accommodate me and still have manoeuvrability, with great water pressure and temperature, and very clean.

Breakfast was included and consisted of a variety of cereals, juices and yoghurts, fruit compote, prunes, tea, coffee, toast (with a variety of jams and honey) and a cooked selection (sausages, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, beans and tomatoes). The whole lot was good quality, served promptly and was generous in its serving size. This was served downstairs in the front dining area adjacent to the guests bar area and was comfortable and spacious.

They don’t have any dinner services, but they recommended a small, local restaurant called “Walkers” which was very nice, very hospitable and good value for money.

Overall this was a fantastic, two nights stay with a great pair of hosts (which made it so much better and personal), good value for money in very comfortable and welcoming surroundings. I would thoroughly recommend this property to other travellers and, if I ever return to Tywyn, I would definitely stay here. Furthermore I would be disappointed if I couldn't.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank DJEargasm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2011

The Arthur in Tywyn is by far the nicest guesthouse/hotel i have ever had the pleasure of staying in.
The place is so fresh and so comfortable and margaret and jack do a brilliant job of making you feel at home. Almost like you are visiting a family members home instead of staying in paid accomadation. There are even dvds on the landing for you to take your pick of incase you just fancy a cosey night in....and their FREE!!!!!
The view of the sea is amazing and although we were not fortunate enough to see them...apparently,it is sometimes possible to catch a glimpse of dolphins!
The breakfasts were better than my mums and i cant wait to go back!!!!x

Room Tip: sea view with balacony
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank jessicaford
wupperta
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Good evening from Holger and Andrea in Wuppertal, Germany

Greetings from Holger and Andrea, which wish you a lot of effort with your stylish and lovely accomodation! Thank you very much

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank holger_spiecker
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I've just had a wonderful few days staying at The Arthur. I had a single room with a balcony overlooking the sea. Sadly the wether was too windy for me to sit out on the balcony but still it was wonderful to wake up to the view. I think in summer I could spend many happy hours with a glass of wine people watching from on high.
I loved the simple decor and the whole place was spotlessly clean. My friend had what looked like a wonderful "full English" breakfast but I prefer fruit, cereal and toast so had the wonderful fresh fruit salad, muesli and Welsh yogurt.
I particularly liked that each room has a flat screen TV and DVD player and there is a large library of DVDs on the landing. A really great idea!
I cannot recommend The Arthur too highly; it is a "must stay in" !

Sue

Room Tip: As for sea view and balcony
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank ffredsmum
Portsmouth. UK
Reviewed 23 August 2010

We booked here after reading some of the reviews and we were certainly not disappointed. The owners were friendly and helpful and made us feel like guests rather than visitors. The rooms were spacious, light and spotlessly clean. The ensuite was equally spotless-as if it had been built that day; none of those nasty little black corners that are, unforunately, far too common. Breakfast was as you chose. My wife settled for a fresh fruit salad whilst I had a tastey plateful of 'full Welsh.'
The hotel is ideally placed for touring North Wales with excellent walking and climbing nearby. Don't bother looking for better, the Arthur sets the standard others should aspire to.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jufairbaby
Midlands UK
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We chose this because of the good reviews on this site. Its all true! Our room (room 5 at the back) was spacious and spotless. The en suite shower was a good size and very clean. Even though our room was not a sea view, to be honest it didn't matter, as we had great views of the welsh hills, as you do everywhere in Tywyn. The bed was huge (which we loved) and very comfy.
There were DVD's which you could borrow which we thought was a nice touch, and the fruit salad at breakfast was the best I have ever had!
Tywyn however has not the best choice of eating places for an evening meal. We ate at 'Dine India' on one night, which was really very good and popular (always a good sign) with interesting decor! but the second night we ate at the Talyllyn Railway Bistro (open some evenings in August) and had an excellent meal.
Most other recommended eating places were in other towns and villages.
Another must - is cycling up the Mawddach estuary from Arthog to Dolgellau. Fantastic ride with lovely views.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kathKmidlands
Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Very clean, very good value for money, good breakfast, room easily big enough for us two blokes. Convenient parking, five mins walk to the nearest pub.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank BinThereDunThatTwice
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tywyn
Penhelig Arms
Seabreeze Restaurant with Rooms
Dovey Inn
Dovey Inn
#7 of 11 in Aberdovey

Been to The Arthur Guest House? Share your experiences!