“Enjoyable stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tywyn
Preswylfa Guest House
Ranked #3 of 10 Tywyn B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Jane and Lawrence were great hosts with a warm welcome on arrival and giving a friendly atmosphere over our four day stay.. Nothing was to much trouble for them and they adapted to our needs as and when required - amazing in this day and age! The evening meals were good home cooking and very enjoyable with time spent chatting over the days events. We stayed in the Cambrian Room, at the front of the house , with all facilities good and had no problem with the traffic noise. We are from Greater London so the traffic was a fraction of the level we are used to living with, so, highly amused by early evening there was hardly any cars around at all. We would certainly recommend and already considering revisiting next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 July 2013

A very good Bed and Breakfast.
Jane and Laurence Garvey are very friendly and welcoming hosts, we stayed in the Broadwater Room on the 4th and 5th July 2013.
It is a lovely large airy room with superb modern en-suite facilities.
Preswylfa is on a fairly busy road junction and with the weather being so hot and the windows open there is certain amount of noise, but coming from the country we possibly noticed this more than others would. There is very convenient parking at the rear of the property.
We would have no hesitation in recommending Preswylfa.
A very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We only wish we could stay longer, our visit has been perfect from start to finish! Jane and Lawrence made us feel so welcome and the rooms were beautiful, comfortable and perfectly appointed! We decided to eat our evening meal in on our last night and Jane exceeded our expectations, perfecty prepared and delicious! We will definitely be back again!

Room Tip: The Broadwater Suite is large, comfortable and has an amazing view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Very welcoming and friendly, easy to find, own parking spaces, very peaceful, lovely breakfast, wonderfully clean, bright and fresh rooms, lovely little touches, appreciated the dressing gown, great refreshments in the room, very comfortable bed (too comfy it would appear as I slept in), felt like visiting family rather than on business..... all in all I could not fault anything. Would certainly recommend to anyone. Thank you again, and see you next time!!!!

Room Tip: I would imagine all to the same great standard.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We couldn't have been looked after better by Jane and Lawrence in our two night stay in Preswylfa. They are so friendly and helpful and the breakfasts were fabulous,top quality ingredients, beautifully cooked and presented. Our room was spotless and very comfortable with a good selection of teas, coffee, hot chocolate as well as cold drinks and little extra touches like the fresh milk waiting in the refridgerator and cookies appearing in a glass jar in the room made it even more special. I loved the snow-white bathrobes too which added another special touch of luxury! We can't wait to stay there again and sample the evening meals on offer too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2013

One of the best places I have stayed. a comfy bed in a spotless room. Fresh milk in the fridge for the welcome tray. breakfasts wonderful do try the ham baked eggs yummy!. Host were friendly and hospitable. The evening meals were home cooked, delicious and satisfying after a hard days walking and cycling. My first choice next time I'm in Tywyn.

Room Tip: I had Cambrian a twin room facing the street( very quiet at night though)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I can't recommend the Preswylfa highly enough! I was a single traveller but opted for the twin with en suite and I was delighted with the room. It overlooked the road and station car park but since I enjoy people watching that suited me very well. Nicely decorated room and well appointed shower room; I dislike baths so was pleased with the walk in shower. Plenty of power points in the bedroom so even with my laptop, iPads, iPhone and cameras I could easily get everything charged. Flat screen TV was a good bonus.
Excellent breakfast including the toast made with homemade bread. I rarely eat cooked breakfast but did try poached eggs and black pudding and it was delicious. I had an evening meal every day and the first meal (Sunday roast) was wonderful and my comment to Jane was that each day's meal was better than the previous.
If you are coming to Tywyn you must stay here...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tywyn
Penhelig Arms
Seabreeze Restaurant with Rooms
Awel y Mor
Awel y Mor
#2 of 11 in Aberdovey

Been to Preswylfa Guest House? Share your experiences!