“Tywyn excellent B&B”
Review of Merton Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tywyn
Merton Villa
Ranked #1 of 10 Tywyn B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Merton Villa is conveniently located on Tywyn High Street, opposite a Spar Minimarket/Gulf Petrol Station. There is no private parking but I used the shoppers car park overnight behind Spar with no problem other than some seagull poo on the car roof! The host, Wayne, welcomed me on arrival and showed me to my room on the first floor (Blue Room) which was very clean and nicely furnished with modern bedding and furniture. The bathroom was small but fine for me, with toilet, handbasin and shower - all immaculate. There is a fine view over the Spar to distant hills.
After a good night's sleep in the comfortable double bed, undisturbed by the traffic, I enjoyed a first class breakfast in the well-furnished dining room.
Highly recommended by me - just like everyone else!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Wonderful place to stay, lovely friends hosts, beautiful garden (though didn't use it), and great breakfast and well furnished contemporary rooms. I faced the front so there can be a little traffic noise, but it didn't trouble me. I was staying on my own, and was made to feel extremely welcome and would definitely stay there again when visiting Towyn.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night and loved it. Really clean with great breakfast. Garden is great too. Lovely bed and near station if you're using the train or great for shops. Tallyllyn railway only a 5 min walk as us the sea front. Possible down side is its in the main high st so a bit noisy in the morning but wasn't a problem for us. Recommended to all.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Lovely room, lovely hosts, quiet spot (despite being in town - it overlooks fields). Within easy walking of the railway station. I stayed in the blue room, which has lovely decor, was very clean, has all the things you'd want and an excellent bathroom. Totally recommended!

Room Tip: As for the blue room - it's the nicest
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mel_Holley
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Merton Villa was a great place to stay on our first trip to Tywyn . The owners could not do enough for us great service, great bedroom , great breakfast ,great location right on the high street and 5mins from the beach.
I would highly recommend it to any one who is staying in This town ,it's is immaculate and very clean.
I for one will stay there again as we visit relations in this town.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Blue room which was fantastic also make sure you have a look in there garden it'...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Really warm welcome. Right on the high street within easy walking distance of the beach/amenities. Rooms always cleaned daily with fresh towels etc. Good service and food, with plenty of choice, nothing seems to be too much trouble. Looking forward to staying again soon. We would definitely recommend to family and friends. Thanks Barry & Jackie

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 5 April 2013

A nice welcome into a warm family owned B&B, with a clean room, the owner even went the extra mile and booked a meal in a nearby hotel and a taxi for my wife and I, coming back late was not an issue and the breakfast in the morning was of a high quality. As what the whole stay.
I would recommend this B&B for anybody staying in the area.

Room Tip: The Blue room is superb.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Been to Merton Villa? Share your experiences!