“Great location and excellent breakfasts”
Review of Monfa Guest House

Monfa Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tywyn
Monfa Guest House
Ranked #4 of 10 Tywyn B&B and Inns
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great location and excellent breakfasts”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stayed at the Monfa Guest House for the popular "Race the Train" weekend; I had a single room with a separate private bathroom which was on the small side, but comfortable and adequate for my needs. Paula and Shaun were very welcoming, and the breakfasts were excellent. The location is nice and quiet, yet very convenient for all that Tywyn has to offer, and even on what must be the busiest weekend of the year I had no difficulty in parking almost directly outside.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed in Monfa Guest House for 5 nights at the beginning of August. We stayed in a family room which was spacious and very clean. Paula and Shaun have been great hosts. They could have not done more to make our stay enjoyable. Shaun's breakfast is amazing. On two days we have been leaving the B&B very early to go on day trips. Because we missed breakfast, Shaun cooked us a tasty evening meal instead. We had a brilliant holiday. The location is fantastic for exploring and walking. Thank you Paula, Shaun & Brandon.

• Stayed August 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Just returned from our fifth visit to Monfa. Different room to that we usually have, but still excellent. Paula, Shaun and family as friendly and accommodating as ever with Shaun Breakfasts as superb as usual. Lookinh forward to visit number six.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights while attending a fiends wedding.Room 5 was lovely and clean and even had a sea view.Shaun and Paula(the hosts) were great, nothing was to much trouble. Fantastic breakfast! We look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Ossett
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

We were travelling from Yorkshire and due to a bus fire got held up on the motorway. We phoned ahead to the B and B making them aware we were running late. This didn't go down well and met quite a rude response. On arrival it smelled of damp and looked dark and dingy. It was 2230 which the male owner made extremely clear he was not happy about. His catchphrase being "Not being funny but..." and then laying out insult after insult. My fiancée and I apologised about being late yet this didn't seem enough for our host. He carried on, each time starting with "not being funny but...".
It became quite clear very quickly that his customer service skills were none existent.
I am not usually one to air my opinion so quick and tend to bite my tongue but on this occasion after a long drive I was not in the mood to be insulted by someone that should in effect be looking after us.
My words were chosen carefully to stop him in his tracks and think about his approach, which I had already told my fiancée I would say regardless of the outcome. I said "Not being funny but do you want our custom or not?".
His response was quick "actually no.". This was fine with us as we had already discussed that we would rather sleep in the car than pay to be treated with such disrespect. On our exit as we were ushered out the door we were angry, so to have the last word, we made it clear to the owner that we did not understand how he could possibly run a successful business in this manner as he was so rude. From the positive reviews on trip advisor about this hell hole I can only assume they did not have any contact with this rude and obnoxious human being.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank Logicity
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This place is halfway between the railway station and the sea. The air is fresh and salty - and the beach itself was great for sunbathing, swimming and going for a run.

The family who runs the guest house is very friendly and helpful. We wanted to stay for another night, but unfortunately they were fully booked. They did help us in locating another town to visit and a place to stay for the next night.

The room itself was of high standard and the breakfast was great! It was a nice touch to have fresh flowers on the table and fresh fruit available.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mikael K
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Excellent guest house close to beach, rooms with a view, rooms clean tidy very comfortable, tea coffee biscuits etc. Paula and Sean made us feel vey welcome. We had 3 rooms with family staying all enjoyed there stay and wil come back. Good English breakfast in the mornings, looked after me with a packed meal as i was out by 0730.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Martin M

Been to Monfa Guest House? Share your experiences!