“Stayed over for wolves-dovey bike ride” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Monfa Guest House

Monfa Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tywyn
Monfa Guest House
Ranked #4 of 10 Tywyn B&B and Inns
“Stayed over for wolves-dovey bike ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

First time on this bike ride and as we registered late we struggled for accommodation in dovey, we came across this B and B wich was good price , clean and very friendly.
I only have 1 complaint that there was no black pudding on the breakfast!!!! The guy tells me if he puts this on the plate he gets voted 1 star less, some strange folk around, apart from that the breakfast was soo good me and my mate had x2
We shall return next year and if I don't get black pud I'm giving you a 4 instead of a 5 star review!!
Thanks. Pervonshif.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed during July 2014 for my Brother's 50th Birthday and to revisit the memories of many a happy childhood family holiday in the 1970s.

Upon arrival, we asked where we could park and it was great that we could park right outside. Paula, Shaun and their family could not have been more welcoming if they tried. They took into consideration the age of my parents and gave them a lower floor room, The Hotel and all the rooms were spotless, beds extremely comfortable. My partner (incredibly fussy about breakfasts, well done bacon etc!!!) states that it was the best breakfast he had ever had and we travel a lot! The owners and other guests were all so friendly it was easy to forget you were staying in a hotel.

A 5 minute walk to the station, 2 minute walk to the seafront, 10 minute walk to centre of Tywyn, I cannot recommend this hotel enough. They made my family's trip down memory lane all the more special.

Room Tip: Cellar Bistro in Aberdovey - superb
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alison P
Moscow, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed 10 nights at the Monfa, and would stay there again. Ideally situated between downtown and the beach, room was always comfortable and clean. I worked on the Tallylyn for my first seven days, and Shaun or his in-laws furnished me a well-cooked egg sandwich every morning of that time. The two mornings I was able to partake of the full breakfast were very enjoyable, and they were very helpful in planning my onward rail trip. Tops in my book!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank HeighHoSilver
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Ad a lovely time with my sisters clean comfortable .food excellent nothing too much trouble would definitely stay here again just a short walk to the beach and the town paula and shaun were really friendly home from home

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank toffee2014
South Staffs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Thanks Guys, really enjoyed our short stay at the Monfa, everyone was friendly and helpful from the start, comfortable, clean room and excellent breakfast. Shame the stay was cut short by bad weather, will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shaun K
Marlborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed for three nights in this family-run guest house. The room was superbly clean and extremely comfortable with all mod cons as they say. The food was superb too, the breakfast was more than enough to keep us going all day! Paula and Shaun (ably assisted by their great little son, Brandon and not to forget Grandad Stuart) are a magnificent combination; nothing was too much trouble for them. We found them to be highly entertaining and very, very easy to get on with. A super all-round experience. Their knowledge of the area helped me find some lovely places to visit and we look forward to returning next year. Just go and visit....you will have fun.

Trish

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Trish P
Brierley Hill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We recently stayed for two nights at Monfa ,we were given a lovely room with a view of the sea and the mountains.We found the family very friendly and welcoming,they had good knowledge of the local area,giving us advice about where to eat and which places to visit. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and the breakfast was delicious. We would recommend Monfa guest house to anyone wishing to stay in the Tywyn area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pauline b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tywyn
Penhelig Arms
Penhelig Arms
#2 of 4 in Aberdovey
Seabreeze Restaurant with Rooms
No photo provided
Dolgoch Holiday Homes
#1 of 3 in Tywyn

Been to Monfa Guest House? Share your experiences!