“worst hotel you could ever imagine!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corbett Arms Hotel

Corbett Arms Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tywyn
Corbett Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tywyn
Plymouth
“worst hotel you could ever imagine!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2009

My partner 2 young children and myself travelled to tywyn to see family and was unfortunate to stay in this hotel. First of all we had to pay cash because "apparently card machine was not working" then their was no evening meals so had to get a takeaway which we were allowed to eat there but were given plastic cutlery and plates. owners seemed like they had drunk the bar dry to the point where my partner had to go to the bar on several occasions in the middle of the night to ask them and their friends to keep the noise down. Hotel in general was very dated and as my partner many years previous had worked at the hotel found the whole stay very upsetting to see a once marvellous hotel which used to be known for it's service and quality now being run by a pair of monkeys.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
16 Thank lickylou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
midlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2009

on a easter break in tywyn which we adore we dropped in the corbett for a drink. oh my goodness never again bar man looked like he could do with a good wash and shave. his wife well we just wont go there she tells anyone whom will listen her problems, goodness help any one who stays there.it is in need desparate need of a good update and good clean. the way the country is and buisness now you would put 100% in tryin to bring and keep cusromers the people who run this establishment need to have a good look around.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
13 Thank mydav
Oswestry
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2009

Having worked as Deputy Manager at this hotel many years ago, my partner and I decided on a day trip to Tywyn, with a specific aim of revisiting 'the Corbett' and having refreshments, hopefully also bumping into a few familiar faces.
Oh dear.
It appears that if you are unable to get your itinery exactly right (ie, one that fits the expressed desire of the owners) then you are doomed to be ejected ignominiously from the Corbett these days.
In other words, after having a very brief look round for old time's sake, I had to visit the loo before we ordered coffee. Whilst I was away, my partner was forcibly escorted out by a loud mouthed, extremely aggressive and rude man (who was proud to admit to being the owner) It was my turn next, and I was rounded on as I walked towards the bar, only this time this obnoxious little man was joined by his equally rude wife.
The reason for our ejection (and, indeed, barring)? We were told to leave because I used the toilet before we ordered drinks. If it wasn't so laughable, we, as a professional couple who are stupid enough to allow ourselves to be pushed around by the likes of this pair, would have been deeply offended.
As it was, it not only left a lasting and bitter taste in my mouth about a place I was once proud to be associated with, but also left me sad at the fact that a town so obviously in need of the tourist pound could tolerate such a pitiful proprietorship of its premier inn.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
16 Thank anglowelshTGC
Leeds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2009

Delightful Victorian hotel - on of the most attractive buildings I have stayed in.
Exceptionally clean room and linen, with a recently refurbished bathroom, and no water problems. If anything a tad too hot.
Casually run by friendly new owners and one of the best breakfasts I've had in ages. Would definitely use it again. Not that cheap but a lot better and better value than those in nearby Aberdovey where I was playing golf.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
diss
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2009

Booked in to Hotel because of location and work,on check in the owner/proprietor was certainly dressed inappropriately,casual and disheveled is an understatement!!. Insisted on payment in cash on booking, no card facilities, The room was very dated, in the bathroom was instructions on how to obtain hot water,and to take into cosideration the size and age of hotel the water could take some considerable time to get hot and to be patient, after 30 mins of running still no hot water (or in the morning), settled for boiled kettle water for a wash!!. The hotel was the coldest I have ever stopped in, I was glad when morning came, I could not recommend this hotel to man nor beast!!. AVOID.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
14 Thank archie99golf
Hereford
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2009

We booked the hotel as we were due to look at some properties in the area the next day. The family room we were given was dirty, cold and the price for the room was extortionate.
Definately one to avoid.

• Liked — We only had to stop there one night!
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
30 Thank ateasd5941
Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2007

We have just returned from three days B&B at The Corbett Arms. We have wanted to stay there for some time because our surname is also Corbett.

Our en suite room was reasonably spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff were helpful and friendly and the breakfasts were reasonable if a little short on choice. There are parts of the hotel, however, that have seen better days.

There do appear to be problems with the water supply and a notice in our bathroom stated that if the hot water supply ran out we should wait thirty minutes. Another guest stated that he had run a hot bath but the cold water supply ran out before he had adequate for a bath. The shower pressure was very weak in our room.

We had an evening meal on the first evening of our stay which was acceptable but as far as I am aware the hotel do not employ a chef.

The area where the hotel is based (Twywn/Aberdovey/Barmouth) is abundant with spectacular scenery and good beaches.

There were two problems during our stay
(a) When we arrived the manager did not appear to remember the agreed rate as per my telephone booking and was quoting £92 per night as opposed to £89 agreed on the telephone. This hurdle was overcome.
(b)When settlement time came I was told the debit/credit card machine wasn't available and payment would have to be in cash. This was very inconvenient as I then had to go and find a cash machine to withdraw the required amount.

Having checked out other accommodations while we were in the area the rates appear to be at the higher end of the B&B scale for the region.

• Liked — Clean/Comfortable Room
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
10 Thank WellingtonBridge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tywyn
Penhelig Arms
#1 of 1 in Fairbourne
Cartref Guest House
Cartref Guest House
#3 of 12 in Aberdovey

Been to Corbett Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!