“Great Meal”

Ranked #13 of 26 Restaurants in Tywyn
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and I have just had a caravan holiday at the brilliant CL "The Meadows" in Bryncrug

One of the other campers advised us to have a meal in the local pub "The Penarth" as they had been in the night before and really enjoyed it.

We both ordered the Sirloin Steak which was excellent, and cooked exactly as we had requested.

The bar staff and serving staff made us feel very welcome, and were very attentive.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I intended to eat but the reception I received from the Landlord was an absolute disgrace.

He was miserable, rude, ignorant and offensive. I can honestly say it was horrific.

I have travelled all around the world and never been so offended by such miserable service.

I would go to Tywyn and use a different local pub that are far more friendlier.

Reading the other messages it is clear the landlord is rude.

3  Thank RichColl1975
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We ate here one night when we were camping nearby, the staff were very friendly (not sure why there are so many negative posts about the staff) most of the tables were full but a nice barmaid found us a table to wait on until a bigger table was suitable.

I requested to have the brie wedges that were a starter as a main with some chips which they were more than happy to do, I honestly can't remember what my boyfriend had but he said it was really really nice.

The only thing I would mention is that my brie wedges were probably a bit overdone so instead of the cheese all being inside it looked like some of them (not all) may have leaked out so they were a bit empty.

Other than that it was a nice pub, nice atmosphere, a quiz machine to play on and decent food.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We called in the Peniarth a few years ago and it was a soul less diner - the atmosphere of the old pub had been destroyed with wood and stainless steel moulded in one lifeless bar area.

Now, what a transformation! The layout has been changed to include three separate ares, people are back and the livelynesss of the old pub has returned. The staff are jolly and the beer excellent and the resaturant was full. Will call again.

1  Thank JeffandLes
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I visited the pub with a group of friends. The service right from the start was inept and clumsy. Which is a real shame as the food was very very good. I dont think anyone had a complaint about any of the food that was served. Large tasty steaks, great ribs.

We got an excuse that the waitress had made a mistake with our order and another tables. However the food came out two plates at a time in ten minute intervals. This resulted in a group of people all eating main courses at different times.

If the service was improved this would be top notch pub dining. Despite the issues with the service I would eat here again.

1  Thank airfish1