“Meet the Welsh Dragon..... at your peril!!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tywyn
Vaenol Caravan and Camping Site
Reviewed 11 August 2013

It takes a lot for us to leave a negative review.....
First of all the Campsite is in a fabulous location with adequate facilities..... unfortunately that's where the positive review ends.
We have been camping for years and have never experienced rudeness and aggressive behaviour like this before. The female owner of this campsite was confrontational and spoke to us with utter contempt and rudeness, without any boundaries for her our privacy. Her customer care was non existent and I fail to see why anyone would wish to stay at this site with such a Dragon prowling around. What a shame that such a lovely site is ruined by the owner .... Bizarre really.
As I sat down to write a review on here I saw there were 3 other reviews .... And having read them there seems to be a theme occurring that this lady may benefit from reading and learning from..... All a customer wants is to be treated with a little respect, the very same respect that was afforded to her on arrival of her 'customers' .... That really isnt too much to ask for. The organisation is poor ... I phoned for help on arrival as no one was at reception to assist ... The owner was rude and abrupt .... Stating she was too busy to help me in locating my parents who had booked a hook up and touring caravan. When they arrived it was a free for all in trying 'to find' an available hook up!!! BEWARE - if you phone up and book a hook up do not expect that you will have been allocated a pitch number as this site doesnt do that and is definitely not an organised site.
Beware of the Welsh Dragon....... She bites!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
15  Thank Hayley383

Reviewed 4 August 2013

DO NOT BOTHER TO GO THERE. That's my opinion after the very cold "welcome" we got there yesterday. We did call them in the morning, were told that there's plenty of space, etc. By "we" I mean two families with toddlers and a the Grandma. One family is Polish, one is mixed - as it turns out it's a bad thing to be Polish when you're visiting the Vaenol Farm. Anyway, we got there in the afternoon and the women from the office asked straight away where we are from, to which one of us answered Poland. The next part really shocked us, because the woman basically barked at us that there's no drinking on the site because they had problems before and the only place she has is between the toilet and the main entrance road (practically on the road - who's seen the place would know exactly what I mean). We understand that it's possible that they had a group of Polish people in the past who caused trouble, but does it make my family or my friend's family a bunch of drunks?! Does it?! What sane person would even have an idea that anyone would bring two small children and a grandma for a "binge drinking" on their site?! Oh, and guess what, while she was talking we could see other people just meters away definitely drinking alcohol. The "no dringing" rule applies to the Polish only at the Vaenol Farm, so it seems. Anyway, as none of us is much of a drinker (oh yes, and we're still Polish) we were thinking of staying there but not on the road, where the woman gave us the place, because our children wouldn't be even able to play outside the tent and we would have to watch out all the time for oncoming cars to make sure none of the kids would get run over. So, we asked why we can't go to the main field, like all the other people with the tents (we could see that there's plenty, I mean really plenty of space, way over half of the field empty). The woman said there was a bus with children coming later and they don't know how many tents they will have, etc. There was enough space on that field for 5 buses of children with a tent for each one of them, but obviously not for us. In the meantime we had a moment to look at our "prospective neighbourhood" - the toilets and showers. Believe me, I wouldn't wash my one year old baby under those showers - the place was disgusting. So we left the place, drove back through Tywyn and stopped at a very nice place called Pall Mall, where the staff were friendly, we got a pretty spot for our tent, near the children playground and with nice clean showers and toilets. Our kids didn't have to play on the road and we could have a couple of drinks after they went to sleep. But that's not the end of story. Early morning today we passed the Vaenol Farm on the way to Aberdovey, and there were no children, buses or any extra tents on their main filed - still plenty, plenty of space. It's just sad to think that we too Polish to be allowed to stay there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
19  Thank Alicja02
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Last year we went to Vaenol campsite after it was recomended by friends 15 pounds with electric for a tent.Average.......We returned with friends,expecting due to us not haing eletric hook up a cheaper rate. 25 pounds a night they charged.The ground rent on a bit of grass in my opinion far to much we wont be returning or will our friends .A total rip off

Mike

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank Mikey19631964

Been to Vaenol Caravan and Camping Site? Share your experiences!