We recently stayed at the Hampton by Hilton arriving late in the evening. It's easy to get to just off the motorway and adequate parking. Some friends of our use the Hiltons a lot and mentioned that they always get a cookie on arrival! We didn't get a cookie, although we would have liked a couple to go with a cup of hot chocolate (there wasn't any in our room) to tide us over to the morning. The room was spotless. My partner found the bed hard and couldn't sleep but I thought it was okay. The only downside of the room was the windows don't open, just a pane of glass, which I know is mainly to keep the noise out, but they do have air-con which I always think is a poor second to fresh air! And unfortunately I also didn't sleep well. The breakfast was nothing special (but being complimentary you can't complain) consisting of overcooked bacon, scrambled eggs and beans. We like poached/fried eggs, mushrooms and fresh tomatoes with our breakfast. There were a few crossiants and muffins as well. Plentiful toast, orange juice, tea and coffee though. Book through The Hampton Hiltons own website we found the prices with breakfast a good £7.00 cheaper than Expedia/Bookings.com etc., coming in at just over £40.00 :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton by Hilton Newport/East is proud to be the first newly built brand hotel providing the perfect location for a visit to South Wales close to Junction 23a of the M4 [Opened September 2010]. Start the day off while enjoying a relaxing hot & cold breakfast in our dining area or in our work zone with our free Wi-Fi or even back to your room for a high speed internet connection. With a focus on unfussy service & great facilities this contemporary hotel is only a 25 minute drive to Cardiff. With an enviable location close to the M4, Newport, Bristol & Cardiff the Hampton by Hilton Newport East hotel puts you near it all. We’re close to Cardiff City with Cardiff Castle, Millennium Stadium & Cardiff also Bristol Hippodrome. Newport train station is 8 miles away; Bristol airport and Cardiff airport are only 34 miles & 26 miles respectively. Whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure the Hampton by Hilton Newport East hotel puts South Wales and Southwest England at your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton by Hilton Newport East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton By Hilton Newport East Hotel Magor
- Hampton By Hilton Newport East Magor, Wales