O.k so apart from the bed being rock solid and the pull out bed injuring my child (a piece of metal protruding from the end caught his knee and he was in pain for ages) I feel that some senior management should get down to Wales and sort the place out. For a start, the menu on reception for 24/7 snacks (which includes pizza and nachos) finishes at 10 pm sharp Uh!( 24/7?) we were told on the Friday night that 10 minutes later and we would have missed out. We were informed by the manageress that we could order a take away and eat in the dining area or reception after 10 pm this we decided to do on the Saturday night after witnessing two groups of people doing exactly that, but Oh no! the Saturday crew were having none of it they didn't believe us! even though there was nothing left on the menu almost everything was out of stock apparently not ordered on the Friday that being the case we ordered pizza from a local take away and decided that we were going to scoff the lot in the reception as we had just witnessed a couple of women take an outside Indian meal to the dining area with the managers permission! talk about double standards!!! We did try to eat at the hotel but the food was terrible and my wife got a refund on a horrible burnt spud and pee looking gravy meal, yes it looked like pee! anyhow as the place was busy and the staff pushed (weekend) the next morning we could see what the problem was, the manager was washing up and sorting the swill (what a come down) all of the staff seem to have multiple jobs and impossibly long hours.To be fair the reception staff held it together and couldn't be more helpful even though they knew we were telling the truth they were overruled by the manager, fair play to them. I won't stay there again and neither will my friends whom found a pair of socks down the side of the bed after the cleaners had been, but that is another review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton by Hilton Newport/East is proud to be the first newly built brand hotel providing the perfect location for a visit to South Wales close to Junction 23a of the M4 [Opened September 2010]. Start the day off while enjoying a relaxing hot & cold breakfast in our dining area or in our work zone with our free Wi-Fi or even back to your room for a high speed internet connection. With a focus on unfussy service & great facilities this contemporary hotel is only a 25 minute drive to Cardiff. With an enviable location close to the M4, Newport, Bristol & Cardiff the Hampton by Hilton Newport East hotel puts you near it all. We’re close to Cardiff City with Cardiff Castle, Millennium Stadium & Cardiff also Bristol Hippodrome. Newport train station is 8 miles away; Bristol airport and Cardiff airport are only 34 miles & 26 miles respectively. Whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure the Hampton by Hilton Newport East hotel puts South Wales and Southwest England at your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hampton by Hilton Newport East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton By Hilton Newport East Hotel Magor
- Hampton By Hilton Newport East Magor, Wales