“Disastrous check in and poor entertainment for children”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kidwelly
Carmarthen Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Nashik India
“Disastrous check in and poor entertainment for children”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

My wife and i are senior citizens. 71 and 67. We took our 4 grandchildren aged 4-7 on holiday. When we arrived we were allocated a caravan. Perhaps it would have been nice if someone showed the place rather than telling us about which roundabouts to cross. We had a roof box on our car. We unloaded all the stuff and then another family arrived saying they have the same number. Then a supervisor came around and said we have to change the caravan. We both had great difficulty reloading all the luggage and then transfer to a new one!! so beginning of the holiday was a bad start. Excuse of trainee receptionist is not good enough.
We went to the childrens entertainment three days running. First day with a lady presenter was good+Sparky. then next day a man was the presenter. He was very poor and inadequate. perhaps he should mind his language especially with children around.Last day I think they have run out of entertainers and decide to use one of the audience.
We went to keep the kids happy and overall entertainment and checking in was extremely poor. We will not recommend this holiday with this kind of service if you are taking small kids.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Carmarthen Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for your review, I am sorry for the mix up with the accommodation during check in. Unfortunately a new receptionist had made a mistake with one number which resulted in you being given the wrong accommodation. I am surprised to learn that the entertainment for the children did not meet your expectation as the team often get praised for their interaction with the children however, I have passed on your feedback to the manager for review at her weekly team meeting.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We booked a last minute weekend break here two weeks ago (August 2014), I must admit we booked before reading the reviews and were slightly concerned before we got there. All I can say is WOW. I personally normally hate caravans but it was cheap and we wanted to take the kids (16, 10,5 and 3) somewhere before the end of the holidays. We booked a Platinum caravan and it was lovely, spotless, very large, comfy beds and a home from home kitchen.

We had our own balcony with tables and chairs over looking the estuary which was very pretty. Yes I have to admit the site did look slightly tired but its nothing that a lick of paint wouldn't sort out.

Now for all the people moaning about the train track and the single track lane to get to the park I really wouldn't worry about it.. The lane in most places is quite wide enough for two cars to get past and in the few places that it isn't there are many places to be able to pull in, your in the Welsh countryside for goodness sake, not on the M5!!!! Yes the train track is very close (you have to go over the crossing to gain entry to the park) but the biggest train we saw was 2 carriages and they are quiet. My aunts house backs onto a train track and those you really do notice. Sadly we didn't see any aircraft although we were looking forward to it, so I can't comment on that.

The shop was excellent, had a little bit of everything, the Boat Bar & Restaurant was good, a little pricey I thought but the food was good quality and considering how busy it was we didn't have a very long wait for our food. As we didnt use the other facilities I couldn't comment on those either but as our Caravan was right next to the entertainment area we definately heard it, but again it was not really a huge problem, unless you are a light sleeper.

Very pretty area although as other people have commented there is not really alot to do, so you have to travel further afield. We went to Pendine Sands for the day which was lovely and they have the Museum of Speed there too, the food in the pub there is very good and very reasonably priced, with lovely welcoming staff.

All in all I can say it was a lovely quiet relaxing break and we would not hesitate to go back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank dragtalav1
Thank you for your detailed review and the constructive way in which it was written. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we do hope you will come back again soon.

wales
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Positives - nice friendly staff, clean caravan!
Negatives - old tired site, dirty looking, trains kept us up all night, too remote!
We also had very loud drunk neighbours who drank from early in the morning and spent the whole weekend shouting at their small children - not for us!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank WalesAngie
Thank you for taking the time to post you review. I’m sorry your holiday was disturbed by loud neighbours, if you had called security they would have come down and asked them to consider the people around them and monitored the situation. There is a freight train that passes through the night and I’m sorry this disturbed you, we advertise that the park runs adjacent to a railway line but apologies if you did not realise this.

wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here at least 3-4 times over 10 years and the kids loved it! So happy parents :) but nothing has changed! Over the years The complex Needs updating and looked a little run down in places, the entertainment could do with aiming it's self at teenagers as well as just the smaller child and adults! The teenagers looked very bored as were mine. Every member of staff was brilliant and very helpful 5* and the food was fab And good value, We enjoyed our break it was nice to chill and weather was beautiful. So good time had thanks carmarthen bay! P. s ( I now hate trains!! ) :)

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your constructive review, it is valuable feedback like yours that we take on board and review when planning the entertainment programmes each season. Please come back to visit soon.

Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed in August Lucky with the weather again.Yes this Park is out of the way not ideal if you have not got your own transport and nerve racking if you do coming down the narrow lanes ,Fine if you drive carefully not so if some people use it as a race track,
This time we stayed in a silver caravan which we have stayed in before with no problems ,Unlike us we arrived half an hour early and was told to go and use the facillites until our caravan was ready,at 2.30 we signed in and picked up the keys.when we got to the caravan the cleaners where still in it cleaning ,fine we did;nt mind we waited in the car until they finished .On first look the caravan was clean and tidy as always and we settled in ,it was not until later when I was about to make food that I found that the oven and pots where dirty with the remains of the last guests food I had already washed all the plates cups etc as I always do but had not got to the pots where I usually just give them a good wash and rinse so that i know the clean I had to scrub the oven and pots This still did not bother us we don;t know if the cleaner was panicking to get it done because we were outside and missed it,but in all honesty I cannot believe anyone would leave a caravan in this state but some did treat it as we;ve paid we will do as we like so will our children,
Our four youngest enjoyed the play area which was well maintained we saw maintenance regular picking litter from around the caravan etc, the only thing I did;nt like were the dogs being taken into the play area not a great place for dogs on a hot day with screaming kids running around most where on leads in all fairness to the owners but still dogs should not be aloud .
The Sparkys Krew Club was fantastic as always cannot comment on later entertainment as the children are ready to go before the bingo started,I did feel that the products were being pushed more this year with Sparky coming out to see the kids with his brand new dvd in hand and information on where to buy it, the children only have Around an hour of sparkys funtime and I feel the kids would enjoy more time doing not advertising and way not give the dvd to the best dancer or winner of the game to advertise, on saying that we as always came home with all the new soft toys and DVD which I must say is Fantastic and well made the kids love it especially the dances saves me getting them up on youtube now.
Sparky breakfast was well worth the money and would def do again kids had a brilliant time.
Day time entertainment for the little ones is the best we have ever come across on any site and we have been to quite a few Pipsqueaks house targeted at the under fives is Fantastic please don;t get rid of it ,and older siblings are aloud to join in which is great but some older children really do need to realise that it is for the little ones, My older two who are still young but not under five would stand back so that a little one had a toy or whatever it was first my youngest was almost pushed over by an older child who was lifting the game as so that the little ones didnt get it first then told a little one who made a grab for it no mind same child snatched a balloon from little one in the night after being told more where coming two occassions mother on phone say no more.
Food in the Boathouse fine was a wait for breakfast on the day of the sparkys breakfast but I don;t think that there as ever been that many kids attending before
Onsite shop well stocked with everything from Gifts to everyday essentials pricing not that bad for an out of the way campsite shop but there is a spar and co-op not far if you wanted to travel out.
Estuary is lovely but be careful because it is an estuary not a beach but lovely for a walk or to fly a kite which we had no end of fun doing .
The train ,the aircraft are only a problem if you don't like noise we loved it it is the first time we have heard the noise as we are usually out before 10am but the kids loved it so did I.
The Train is also fine in the end you don't really hear it and we have been by the track on more than one occassion.
Staff all helpful and friendly only problem are the cleaning staff bombing around in the golf buggy between the caravans and also the cleaners driving between the caravans ,one I witnessed was driving quite fast between caravans lucky two little ones who were playing where she had just drove through had gone because she would not have seen them.
We have booked again for next year one for may and again for August we usually come again September but not this year as other things happening looking forward to coming again in may,i HOPE that the entertainment stays the same for the children because it is fantastic and we hope to see Willow again next year as she is Fantastic will the little ones .
All in all we had a lovely time and would recommend to others But whats for some is not for others so try a short break first.
Oh and what as happened to Narky he seems milder and to have lost his voice I was quite looking forward to HELLO GERMS AND BOILS.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank philip w
Thank you so much for such a detailed review. I’m sorry the pots and dishes in your caravan were not as clean as they should have been, I have asked the accommodation manager to task the supervisors with paying particular attention in this area when checking the holiday homes. We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Just had a 10 day holiday in park resorts carmarthen bay. The staff are really lovely. The camp is clean and tidy and really quiet. Could do with a bit of paint. Food is quite nice and reasonably good priced. Tigger and her team or teamstars (chip, sonny, floss, Venus and willow) are brilliant and can't fadult them with all the hard work they do to entertain the kids. They are

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. The teamstars are very pleased they contributed to making your holiday a great one.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We booked at the last minute so we weren't expecting anything amazing but we we're pleasantly surprised. This holiday really has competed with our abroad holidays and we'll defo be recommending to others to go there. We'll be back next year now :)

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for such a great review, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we do hope you will come back again soon. Damo says thank you for the mention too!

01267 267 511
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kidwelly
Three Rivers Hotel
Premier Inn Tenby Town Centre Hotel
Mansion House Llansteffan
Mansion House Llansteffan
#1 of 1 in Llansteffan

Been to Carmarthen Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!