1,113 results
All reviewsentertainment teamevening entertainmentcarmarthen bay holiday parkpassing placescrazy golfkidwelly castlegreat holidaylong weekendfamily holidaylovely parkfolly farmolder childrenout of seasonatlantic viewboathouse restaurantwashing machineclams
Reviewed 9 June 2015

We arrived at around 3-4 pm on Fri the 5th of june after a 4hr car journey checked in at the wrong place like a lot of people did as there was no signs telling us to go into the entertainment room.First problem no key waited 15 mins for them to find the key ,as nobody seemed to know where it was? no biggy had a drink while we waited at £10 for 3 pepsi's and a black coffee.They found the key and on finding out that our caravan was right at the other end of the park next to a train line i asked if there was one nearer as i am unable to walk far (was written on the notes) no was my answer so i thought well my hubby will just have to drive me to and from every day but he didn't mind ,get to the caravan after we have a few near misses with the park staff in golf buggies going way to fast for a park site ,and was totally disgusted i had booked a luxury plus caravan REALLY , hole in the lino in the living room writing on the wall in one of the single rooms all the cupboards had sticky laminat on them that was coming off and burnt in the single room .We then drove back to reception to complain to be told yes that was a luxury plus as it was bigger and that's what they mean by luxury plus told them again and again that we weren't happy and that we hadn't drove for 4hrs for that,was told we could upgrade for another £85!!!!! wasnt happy but i wasn't going to be happy in that van so decided to do it was just about to pay when we found out the slide in the pool was not going to working all week due to planned maintenance!! REALLY SO YOU WANT £85 more and the main thing for older kids isnt even working told them to stick it and walked out! my son was gutted .
to cut a very unhappy story shot .Beds awful you can feel every spring,trains a nightmare,on a beach you should be done for trades description its a bloody estuary
and if that was luxury i would hate to see your bronze no good for older kids at all . NEVER EVER AGAIN .Go a few miles up the RD to Bluestone

Room Tip: Dont go at all
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank mariawebber
Park R, General Manager at Parkdean Resorts - Carmarthen Bay Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I am sorry that you were unhappy with finding the location of check-in; the holiday sales team carry out pre-arrival calling beforehand to advise our guests of information such as this, we also have five signs located around the car park showing that check-in is in the Entertainment Centre, as well as a sign in Reception advising the location of check-in. This is carried out in the Entertainment Centre as check-in can become busy and there is therefore more room to prevent queuing; the swimming pool, children’s indoor play area, daytime activities as well as the Restaurant is there to use if guests arrive early.
If any guests have issues or problems with their accommodation, the maintenance and housekeeping teams will attend as soon as possible to rectify any issues, otherwise for upgraded accommodation there is an extra charge.
During your stay we did close the swimming pool at 2pm rather than 5pm due to having work being carried out, including a traffic light system being installed on the slide; these works were done to enhance guest experience for our guests and were carried out as quickly and efficiently as possible.
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us but please be assured your comments will be shared with the team.

Carmarthen Bay Holiday Park
01267 267 511

Reviewed 8 June 2015 via mobile

After my holiday to carmathern bay I'd have to say I was disappointed, child's pool closed, windows being changed and club floor being painted in the restaurant was just the start of it! The take away was closed as they don't open it until the busy times and the speed of the staff that drive around the site was stupid. I put in a complaint and I was offered 20% of my next holiday. what a joke like I would stay there again! shame I've been there for a few years but seems to be going down hill every year.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Stewart K

Thank you for your feedback. As far as I am aware, your have had correspondence with a Manager from Carmarthen Bay holiday park regarding the complaint you raised, I am sorry if the outcome of your complaint was not as you hoped. As advised during your correspondence with the team on park the work in the complex was carried out over one day to cause minimal disruption to our guests and was carried out to improve overall guest experience in the Complex.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and feel that you would not return to Carmarthen Bay Holiday Park, but would like to thank you for sharing your feedback.
Carmarthen Bay Holiday Park
01267 267 511

Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

Just returned from a 4 night stay at the park with my husband and children aged 3 and 1. We had a fantastic experience from the moment we arrived.
Our accommodation was incredible. We stayed in one if the parks lodges- well worth the money. The lodge was very spacious- so much so I could relax withy newly walking toddler roaming about without the fear of her bumping into things. Main bedroom came with a walk in wardrobe and ensuite. Kitchen included a huge American style fridge/freezer. Most incredible thing was the view. Straight onto the beach. We enjoyed a terrace which faced directly on the beach- out of this world!
The pool was perfect for young children, warm and shallow with a very gradual gradient so they could play happily.
Ate in the restaurant a couple of times- particularly enjoyed the cheese and potato pie. Quite pricey but the food tasted good so we thought it was good value.
The entertainment in the evening was good. My children loved meeting Sparky, Sparkle and Naaky. The teamstars were very personable and made my little boy feel very welcome.
Must mention the soft play area which we found to be surprisingly big for a holiday park. Kept my little ones amused when the weather turned rainy.
We had a fantastic stay and can't wait to return again soon.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank KerryBa
Reviewed 6 June 2015 via mobile

We arrived on 1st June 2015 for 4 nights and after booking through the sun holidays I arrived with an open mind. Our caravan was beautiful (p16) with a lovely view of the sea. I was rather disappointed when we got into the clubhouse as it was very dated and all you could smell were the toilets which was awful, you could even smell them in the restaurant which is why I didn't eat there it really put me off!! The pool was lovely and warm but the slide wasn't working the whole week we were there which resulted in very upset children!! The park is slightly out of the way so you would need a car if you wanted to visit anywhere. Overall a good stay but the clubhouse could do with a makeover.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Lizzie07871
Reviewed 5 June 2015 via mobile

Great place to relax with the family. Beautiful caravans. We upgraded to gold. Amazing. Not much to do around the local area, but evening entertainment was fantastic. Food was not to good as I had the chilli con carne and it came out child size. The kids food was chicken nuggets but deep fried. The wife had lasagna and you could tell it was a microwave meal. So cook yourself in the caravan. Other than that amazing. If your after a beach it's not for you as there is no beach as it's an estuary. But other than that A* thank you for a lovely time.

Stayed: June 2015