“Wonderful hotel, highly recommended”

The Falcondale Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lampeter
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We stayed earlier in the year and had a great time, so when we booked again for a short break last week we hoped it would be as good as we remembered. Pleased to say that it was not just as good, but even better! The hotel is so comfortable, with friendly and helpful staff and the food is simply superb. I travel the all over the world and am lucky enough to stay in some very nice hotels, but the Falcondale is right up there as one of my favourites. Our two chocolate Labradors also had a wonderful holiday and especially enjoyed the home made biscuits!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Falcondale_Hotel, Front Office Manager at The Falcondale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

It is always a joy to welcome guests back to The Falcondale, and we are happy that you enjoyed your second break away with us.

Great to hear that your dogs enjoyed their stay also!

Merry Christmas - we hope to see you again in the New Year.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

We came to Lampeter to visit my partner's son at Uni there and never expected that we would stay at such a wonderful hotel. Stunning location, uber comfortable beds, lovely staff, fabulous food... I cannot think of a single criticism of the Falcondale. Go there...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Falcondale_Hotel, Front Office Manager at The Falcondale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Falcondale whilst visiting your partner's son at the University. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and would like to thank you for your lovely review.

We hope that we can welcome you back the next time you are visiting.

Merry Christmas / Nadolig Llawen,

Reviewed 13 December 2013

An excellent hotel. Efficient friendly staff and great food. Stayed for two nights and on 2nd night restaurant was flexible enough to let us eat after normal closing time. I had a larger comfortable room with loads of space. Hotel is is a beautiful countryside setting.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Falcondale, and all of us would like to thank you for your lovely comments. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Merry Christmas / Nadolig Llawen,

Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Throughout the booking, several changes including a last minute date change and throughout my stay the hotel staff were very accommodating, bending over backwards to help with my fluctuating needs.

I was a little out of place; the hotel seems popular with the elderly during the day and I was visiting to take part in an Old Boys rugby match against the University team. I even brought a dog. I arrived late to a warm welcome and was shown my room and handed my key. I immediately left to join my team mates in the town to embark on a drinking spree of legendary proportion. Upon my return at three thirty in the morning, as anyone could imagine, I relied heavily on the dog to find my room. And what a room it was! A large bedroom with an en suite bathroom was adjoined by a small lounge area, also connected with a shower room. Two large sash windows with internal shutters gave view to the most spectacular sunrise in the morning. Lofting through the valley, the sunshine cured my hangover instantly and I took the dog for a walk to Falcondale lake nearby.

Breakfast was a joy taken in a morning light soaked room with attentive service.

After my rugby match it transpired that the showers in the pavilion had not been replaced since I was last an undergraduate and furthermore I was carrying a broken rib, so I decided to return to the hotel for a bath after swapping my boots for shoes.

Stepping inside the hotel in muddy kit with a muddy dog met with all manner of snooty glances from guests, but not from the staff. I was trusted and felt at home.
Top marks for The Falcondale.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Falcondale_Hotel, Front Office Manager at The Falcondale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you E35C for your lovely review. You arrived in the middle of a Christmas party, and so you may well have felt out of place. However, we are glad that you felt welcomed.

We hope that your broken rib will not cause too much discomfort over the festive season, and that we may be able to welcome you back in the future.

Merry Christmas / Nadolig Llawen

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

If i visit camarthen i always stay here, its fantastic, after being on the road for hours arriving here is all i want! The views are outstanding the service is 1st class, good food and perfectly chilled wines nostalgic memories take me back!

• Stayed: January 2013
Falcondale_Hotel, Front Office Manager at The Falcondale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you for choosing the Falcondale as your "stop-off" point when visiting Carmarthen, and thank you also for your time and effort in making your review - it is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Diolch, Meleri

Reviewed 3 December 2013

My brothers and I met up around Aberaeron at the end of October for a family occasion, we stayed at the Falcondale and absolutely loved it. Obviously, we didn't see it in glorious sunshine but the grounds are beautiful and our room had quaint charm. The food was excellent and the menu is incredibly flexible which impressed the members of our family who joined us for a meal. On the second night we did not want a big meal but the chef was particularly accommodating and managed to produce us some excellent sandwiches to eat in the lounge. Our hosts were excellent, they could not have been more helpful so we totally recommend the Falcondale; I hope we can return there!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Falcondale_Hotel, Front Office Manager at The Falcondale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for choosing The Falcondale for your family occasion, and thank you also for your lovely comments.

We hope that we may be able to tempt you back soon.

Diolch, Meleri

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I spent one night at Falcondale on the Groupon deal, which included dinner, bed and breakfast. The stay was relaxing and memorable from the moment we arrived. We were given a glass of complimentary champagne and shown to a comfy sofa by on open fire while our bags were taken to our room. The staff were friendly and helpful throughout the stay. We stayed in a 'better' room and found it to be very clean and comfortable. The decor was a bit dated, but everything was pleasant and we had a very good night's sleep. the food was the highlight of the stay. Dinner was fabulous and the produce was locally sourced. Breakfast was equally impressive and both meals were excellent value and quality. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Falcondale_Hotel, Front Office Manager at The Falcondale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you Rebecca G for your lovely review and comments. The whole team here at The Falcondale appreciate it.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

DIolch, Meleri

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lampeter
Feathers@Aberaeron
#2 of 3 in Llandeilo
Castle Hotel
Castle Hotel
#2 of 2 in Aberaeron

Been to The Falcondale Hotel? Share your experiences!