“A little bit of heaven”
other travellers have booked this property
Dining area Alfresco dining
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Dining area
Alfresco dining
Fixed double bed, with storage beneath
The Mega Pod 'S' a complete living package
Kitchenette, with fridge, sink/drainer, and microwave, crockery, cutlery & utensils provided
We get some fantastic sunrises, and there just outside
It's yours, relax and enjoy the view
The Pod in its Plot
Walking the dog on the beach at Llangrannog
Wet room with, Toilet, basin and shower
Patio doors, for a good view
The deck awaits
Top Class wet room, most Pods do not have a porta poti!
New Quay across the bay
The beach at Cwmtydu, worth a trip, about 30 mins drive, a really nice 30 drive.
Compact, but its well equipped for your needs, tent, who wants a tent?
Dogs Welcome
Dining
BBQ & Picnic area
Cwmtydu from the cliff path above, great walk, great walk, great cafe by the beach.
Winter's cooool  the POD's hot
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Tarragona
“A little bit of heaven”
Reviewed 11 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Spent a 3 night stay here and so pleased I did. The new owners, Claire and
Andrea are so warm and welcoming, nothing was too much trouble. The location is idyllic, and we were fortunate to have fantastic weather too.
Everything you need for a relaxing "get away from it all" break is here, and dogs are welcome too! Lampeter is a lovely town, and I would recommend Shapla Indian Restaurant for an amazing curry. Will definitely be back soon.

11 May 2018
Thank you Maureen for your lovely review. Hope to be able to welcome you back soon.
zty12
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Several stays in, and still one of our favorites”
Reviewed 19 February 2018 for a stay in June 2017

We have stayed at Winllan farm several times now. It's a true escape from our busy lives here in Holland. The PODs are well accommodated and clean. They are pet-friendly - as are the owners. We have felt welcome every single time, together with our dogs. We will explore other parts from the British isles now, but there's no doubt in my mind we will return to Winllan farm now and then for a shorter stay.

Winllan farm is situated about 5-10 minutes from Lampeter and about 20 minutes from New Quay. A very nice coastal village. Aberystwyth is about 45 mins away. But if you don't mind driving a bit, you can easily spent a day at Gower, the Brecons or Snowdonia.

Your age range 35-49
clairegue...
Old Colwyn, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed 2 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Lovely place with well thought out facilities - very useful to have washing machine/dryer for example. Cosy clean pod with great outdoor space. Great for kids and dogs! Highly recommend!

3 Sep 2017
Hi, very pleased you, your children and dog enjoyed the pod and what we have on offer here at Winllan. Thank you for your review.
deldavies...
Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
“Does what it says on the tin,didn't impress us enough to return”
Reviewed 31 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

I always try to be fair when I write a review. Hence I feel it's only right to give all sides in this review. Communication from our first inquiry was great and details of how to pay etc were straight forward. However I wasn't told we would need to give an £80 damages deposit until after I had paid for the holiday. Not a problem as we are a family that look after things and weren't worried about getting money back. However feel you should be told about this deposit in initial cost of holiday not after you've booked. We arrived late which we informed well in advance of, the property said they were happy to accomadation this. We were shown to the pod on arrival and it was what I expected really, Compact but clean and had all mod cons, except I might add a toaster. Missed my toast in the mornings as wasn't one in our pod.we were lucky enough to have a shower in our pod, however my daughter and I chose to use communal shower facilities on first night as owner sold it as having a better shower in the communal block. I'm afraid we didn't find this, shower not very powerful and met by lots of signs saying clean up after yourself and how shower was on a timer etc. Just all felt very formal and made me a little paranoid at getting the shower sparkling after our use. ( which I would if without prompting from these signs). We had a decked areas outside our pod which was nice and the views were overlooking countryside, so all very quiet and peaceful. There is a fire pit and bbq, however again your informed by formal notes ifyou want to use the bbq please collect from house for a £10 deposit which you will get back if cleaned. Again just made me feel no trust and on edge unable to relax into holiday mode, so we chose not to use bbq. All the added charges mount up, extra for bedding ( though u can take your own) extra charge for dog etc. Again when all these are added into cost of holiday, just feel next time we would pay a a few quid more and go to the Haven site down the road where we've been many times before and in their self catering caravans they have a cleaning team go in after you, although we always leave it tidy, we don't feel on edge like we did in the Glamping pod and with all the rules and signs started to worry about getting our £80 back!! ( we did just felt on edge with all the signs and rules, spent last night cleaning get the pod ) the double bed was nice and comfy and I promptly fell asleep on our first night however was woken to the sound of running water, my husband had pulled the flush but tank hadn't filled correctly so water kept running, I knee I couldn't sleep with that noise all night so I rang the number given in guide book at 11pm. The owner came over although I felt was annoyed,as instead of sating sorry for our troubles, he said there's a lot of condensation in here, you need a window open!! He then went on sorted the issue with the flush and left. I felt very uneasy with his attitude and said to my Husband I wanted to go the next day. However we didn't we just made the most of it for the sakes of the kids and we didn't create a fuss for this reason too. There was going to be condensation with 2 adults 2 children and a dog in a small Glamping pod!! We didn't have the window open as 1) it was 11pm at night and we were told the farm had a cat which would come in if window was open and didn't want this to happen when we were sleeping as our little dog wouldn't take too kindly to it. 2) as soon as a window was open in the pod wasps were coming in, we felt probably from rubbish that was left you the side of the pod from previous people. However we aired the pod and had window open when we were in during the day and also had door open whilst in during daylight. So felt this comment about condensation not necessary from the owner to put on our shoulders!! Anyway like I said reasonable enough stay but didn't feel relaxed due to above mentioned issues. We made the best of it by travelling to the beautiful coastline around the area, but wouldn't return here again, as like a more relaxing atmosphere not formal notes everywhere or an owner who can barely speak and the lady owner we didn't even meet. Shame as could be a fab set up.

3 Sep 2017
Hi Thank you for your review, we thought it fair to respond.

We are pleased to hear your positive remarks and feel it fair to reply to the areas you had issues with.

Our key/security deposit, not being transparent. Duly noted, and good point, though it has never been raised before but easy to rectify so we will be adding this to our tariff lists.
Haven state “ we can only confirm the exact price of your holiday when you book’ at least you knew the holiday cost up front from us.

Toaster. Our apologies, had an issue with toasters tripping out, oddly had 3 go in a short period and had not been able to get out to replace your one in time, my wife being away Monday to Friday in Swansea for radiotherapy at the last stage of 9 months of treatment for cancer, and only having our 7m long motorhome for transport,(near impossible to park in Lampeter) I know of no consolation to you now, but it is replaced.

Showers. Water pressure/flow rate is not the best in this area, but generally not a big problem and does appear to be worse of late. Welsh water have had many issues in this area over the last few years, 3 times this year, I think they may have reduce the pressure again. we will have to monitor it.
Signs. We would love not to have signs, but unfortunately not everyone is as good as you, and often things are left quite messy, so we are only trying to remind those who may forget to clean up after themselves for those who follow after them, which could be you. We check them and clean regularly but not after every use.
BBQ’s one change over morning we had 3 BBQ grills to clean up This should not be our job.

Additional Costs. Dog charge, some places do not charge and many do, and many do not allow pets full stop. We are dog lovers, have 2 ourselves, and all our accommodation is dog friendly, we have a generous dog exercise area,, but it costs, dogs bring in a lot of extra dirt, leave incredible amounts of hair behind, cleaning times can be greatly increased and they do cause damage, we feel the charge is reasonable and as about 50% of our bookings have dogs it would appear people are prepared to pay to share their holidays with their dog(s). And probably a lot less than the cost of putting them in kennels and far less stressful for the dog(s)

Haven Holidays cost comparison. Obviously a different kind of accommodation, we took a quick look at the nearest site, which was for 2018 (could not check early dates) was over £100 more, which like ours have an additional dog charge, theirs is up to £60, ours £30 for 1 £40 for 2.
Their terms and conditions are much like ours, other than you are promising them that you will look after their property, to obey their T & C’s and Ii quote item for of your promise to them “ You – and everyone who comes with you – promise not to break any of our terms and conditions. If you do, we’ll ask all of you to leave the park immediately. No ands, ifs or buts. And no refunds “. Did this not make you feel “on edge”? They also state their right to recover costs for damage and for additional cleaning.

They do charge for linen for some accommodation (like us)

We have no issue with Haven, you made a comparison and we have taken a look, and made a few observations. As holiday providers we and Haven want to offer a good experience to our guest, we go about this in similar but slightly different ways. We have found, like many companies that an upfront key/security deposit works, we do not want to do it but the facts are some people do not respect and look after holiday accommodation, but we have found an improvement since bringing in the deposit. We have in the 4 to 5 years of having the deposit retained a total £30, on one occasion, for a caravan thats was left in a very poor state.

11pm call out. My apologies if I seemed annoyed, it was not my intention, I like you were trying to sleep so was a bit drowse, and I must say walking into the pod took my breath away, it was very hot and humid with little air, and my comment was regarding your comfort as well as the well being of the pod (Our property after all) The window latch can be set with 2 openings or left a few inches so that the cat would not get through.
I normally give an in depth check in, going through the various things I feel our guest would benefit from, maybe with your late arrival, sleepy children, my mind not being 100% on the job somethings were over looked.
We do have a cat, he can go visiting (not if he knows theres a dog) but I have never heard of him jumping in a window of a pod, we leave a widow open for him in our house, he goes out through it, but meows at the door to come in, my apologies for causing you undue stress.

Wasps and rubbish. Hands up, my oversight, I do remember checking that area after your departure, and I clearly had not checked it prior to your arrival, this would have exacerbated what is already bad year for wasps, my apologies again, I should have checked, my only excuse is as stated my wife was at hospital so I had a lot to do and I know when on holiday people do not wish to know my problems.
As you state this was rubbish left from previous people, we do ask people to take their rubbish to the main bin area before departing, so may be another sign is needed.

A last note on signs. As stated earlier, we would love if there were no reasons to ask people to do what you, and thankfully the majority of people do do and act responsibly with consideration to all.
They are not directed at you individually, they are a general signs, for you and everyones benefit, if the shower was clean when you went to use it, thats great, but it may have been because of the sign,

Going on the overwhelmingly lovely comments we get we think we do have a “fab set up” we clearly were not at our best for your visit and your comments are taken on board and will be acted upon.

On a side note, my wife found your comment “ an owner who can barely speak” most amusing, and I imagine many, many of the guests I have held up chatting to, would find it amusing too, I clearly was not on form.

Kind Regards
Steve & Janette

These are the reviews for the pod you were holidaying in. Left on TripAdvisor, either side of your review,
Lovely

Left on Sep 2, 2017 for a stay in Aug 2017

Excellent

Left on Aug 31, 2017 for a stay in Aug 2017
If you want peace & tranquil. This place is spotless. Absolutely brill. Host excellent. Any problems they was there. The views was spectacular over looking our pod. Everything was provided.
kerrylea1...
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 31 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

3 Sep 2017
Very pleased you enjoyed your holiday and thank you for your time to leave the review.
Gillian10...
Bath, United Kingdom
“Glamping has it all!”
Reviewed 30 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Booked a short break in one of these amazing glamping pods for myself and my partner. It was bigger than expected and equipped to a high standard, with everything we needed. It is clear that the owners Steve and Janette have paid so much attention to detail, with all the small touches (like kitchen stuff) that you could possibly need. The complimentary tea, coffee, milk and biscuits were so welcome after our long journey down and a wonderful touch.

Unfortunately for us, the weather was atrocious for most of the time we were there, however we were so warm and cosy in our pod that we didn't mind at all (way better than trying to camp!). The pod, showerblock and rest of the site are spotless, with outstanding views. We enjoyed our trips out to nearby Newquay, Aberystwyth, Lampeter and a couple of other smaller places, to chill out in the pod and enjoy the tranquility in the evening.

We didn't lack for anything, these pods are a fantastic alternative to camping and we enjoyed staying in such a wonderful place!

Your age range 35-49
2 Jul 2017
Great to hear you enjoyed yourselves despite the weather, this year goes from fab to drab, week by week, must be time for some settled weather now. Thank you for your wonderful comments.
Gems83
“Fantastic holiday”
Reviewed 27 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I stayed in mega pod 1 with my 3 year old daughter and had such an amazing experience. I usually go camping but opted for the glamping option due to being on my own with my daughter and didn't want the hassle of putting up my tent on my own.
My mum decided to join us at the last minute and stayed in the other pod which was perfect. Dogs are welcomed and our Labrador loved the freedom of the field just in front of the pods.
The location is breathtaking, the view is stunning and it's so peaceful so a perfect place to relax. Just a short drive to the local beaches and towns which was great as we spent most days exploring the coast and there's lots to do nearby.
The pods exceeded my expectations and were so luxurious! It's going to be hard going back to a tent now we have been so spoilt. They are very spacious and have everything you need and more! The outside space is fantastic, my daughter loved to play and explore. It was nice to relax on the decking in the evening with a glass of wine and even a fire pit to keep you warm if it gets a bit chilly.
The owners are lovely people, so friendly and welcoming nothing was too much trouble for them. It was lovely to find things like fresh milk in out fridge on arrival and coffee and biscuits.
I cannot reccomend this place enough, absolutely loved every minute and we will definately be back soon. Thank you so much for making our stay so enjoyable :)

28 May 2017
Hi Gemma Thank you so much for taking the time to write your wonderful review, we look forward to see you all again.
Steve & Janette
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing